Direct9.0c unattended

• 2 weeks later...

Well the only way I can see if you already made the .iso is if you have DirectX9.0c redist on another CD/harddrive or download it.

So just install XP and run DirectX manually after that. You can't add ANYTHING after you made the iso.

I know I made a XP wersion myself and switched out a few programs a few years back before nlite even existed but I cant remeber where to read up on it, best bet is read through the files in the SUPPORT folder on the XP cd and check the MS site. Im 100% sure you can switch the old directX to a new one

ok i did all this with no problems

Guide to make a Silent Directx 9.0C install:

1- download directx 9.0c redist

2- extract

3- replace the dxsetup.exe by the new one here (a user already posted it up there)

4- You can delete Directx.cab and BDA.cab if you are running on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

5- Start > Run > iexpress.exe

6- select "create new self extraction directive file"

7- select "extract files and run an installation command"

8- title: dx90csilent

9- select "no prompt"

10- "do not display a license"

11- add all the extracted files

12- in the first combobox (install program), select "dxsetup.exe" and add this string at the end: " /install /silent". It now should be "dxsetup.exe /install /silent"

13- select hidden

14- select "no message"

15- choose a path where the EXE install will be saved AND check "hide file extracting progress animation from user"

16- select "no reboot"

17- select "don't save"

18- click next

19- Done!

but now what do i do with the EXE file i just created ?

i put it in my CMDLINES.txt - and it did not work

so how can i make the file part of my slipstream ?

• 4 weeks later...

same prob, i follow this method and i made a dx9c.exe right? so i would like to use my svcpack.inf, but what i must digit on it? it's right like this:

[setupHotfixesToRun]

dx9c.EXE /silent

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='9717875' date='Jun 18 2005, 02:08 PM']Perfect up to now but during installation i get an erro concernning crypt32.dll
any ideas ?
[right][post="338347"][/post][/right][/quote]

I have this problem too. Are you found any ideas ? ;) (sorry for bad english)

• 1 month later...
has someone a explanation why the (IExpress-repacked with /silent) dxsetup from directx_9c_redist, run during a [b]W2K pro[/b] install (using SVCPACK.inf), installs somehow a [b]XP[/b] version (which is the cause of the USER32/GDI32 entry point pb, I suppose) ??

• 7 months later...

Hi all, in my native language namaste :P

i have a problem, i have windows xp service pack 2 beta edition which has directx 9.0b and now i cannot downgrade or upgrade, so i would like to make a new disc with directx 9.0c, i have the files all i would like to know is how i could install it properly, i have searched everywhere and cant seem to find a proper guide, if someone caring out there could show me how icould do this with a guide, if possible screen shots (please please :w00t: )

and if you are going to help me on this, could you also tell me where to put the .net framework files, i downloaded 2.0, i really need to update my windows xp cd, but i dont know how i can accomplish this with out your help, please e-mail me at nightblades[at]gmail[dot]com with a guide, i will be checking here frequently though :)

Vijay

Hi vijay, E-mailing each poster is not a solution.
Here's a guide for the exact purpose you mention - [url="http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/"]uA[/url]

Any further queries, just post on here!

• 2 years later...

Different, tho much the same.

Echo Launching DirectX installation.

%Source%Silence\directX.exe /t:"%temp%" /q

pushd "%temp%"

start /wait DXSETUP.exe /silent

popd

Suggest deleting temp dir after reboot instead, common practice.

Wrote about this in Kurt's x64 thread, and it's the one method currently in use.