Advice and options?????

XPerties

I started building a website for fun. Now sedative informed me "not knowing because Im using 1280 x 960 resolution on my monitor, but anyways he said there were scroll bars on the bottum of the page. Give me your eyes and tell me what you see and if you know how to change it please inform me. Im using dreamweaver, flash, swish and primary FRONTPAGE. Thanks

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3vg3n/

-Xperties

yah yah yah, Ill be getting a domain name after Im done.

Dont forget to click on the white bird top left hand side

Well it all depends on what resolution visitors are viewing at as to whether there are scroll bars or not.

I could be wrong,but i think most people view at 1024x768.

I just viewed the source for your page,so try this.

Open your page in Frontpage and view the html code.Look for this line

<table width="1178" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="659">

and change it to

<table width="1024" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="659">

or

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="659">

Hope that helps

do the 100% option, and STOP using frontpage (eeeeuurhh) no wonder your page is messed up!

best way to make a site is to draw it in fireworks, export it to html and images. import it into dreamweaver and remove the blank images (big blocks of white etc) and then put in the text.

ok I did the 100% on the main page....can you guys compare the main page to about us, downloads, and contact page? see if you see a difference from the main page to the others?

And Mr. Board creator, My page isnt all f***ed up, I think its a nice site and thank you very much!!!! :):rolleyes:

-Xperties

ok I did the 100% on the main page....can you guys compare the main page to about us, downloads, and contact page? see if you see a difference from the main page to the others?

And Mr. Board creator, My page isnt all f***ed up, I think its a nice site and thank you very much!!!! :)  :rolleyes:

-Xperties

now its a lot better chris, the scrollbars at the bottom are gone :bigok

ok new question...when I made the swish graphic i didnt save the swi file only the swf file. So the forums button Im unable to link that to the board. I know theres a way to create a forum.html file and place it on my server but how would I direct that to go to msfn.org?

-Xperties

if you have the option of doing a redirect with a php page its very much faster, we had one on msfn after the first host failed because of the traffic at the time. it was so quick you couldnt tell! i dont have the code any more though which is a shame :)

this isnt something chris could use, but if anyone finds the code for this it would be usefull for a few people i guess

if you have the option of doing a redirect with a php page its very much faster, we had one on msfn after the first host failed because of the traffic at the time. it was so quick you couldnt tell! i dont have the code any more though which is a shame :rolleyes:

this isnt something chris could use, but if anyone finds the code for this it would be usefull for a few people i guess

the code for php redirection is :

<?php
header("Location:http://www.whereyouwanttoredirect.com");
?>

its real fast, you can't notice it like you said :)

Blackwar