Everybody! Sing along!

utln

I might be dumb as a doorknob too.. :) -- but there's something I don't understand about something that is said in the clip. Somewhere, "Bush" says "You have more waffles than a house of pancakes". What does that mean? Why is that fun? Ehm.. yeah. I think the clip as a whole was very funny, but that part I don't get. Enlighten me, please? :rolleyes:

DarkPhoenix-- The word waffle can mean either a type of pancake cooked on a special griddle OR to vassilate between thoughts, ideas or stances and 'a house of pancakes' is referring to a resteraunt called IHOP (International House of Pancakes) where I am not sure if you can get a waffle or not. Been years since I asked for a 'Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity'.

@DarkPhoenix

I'm not sure DaLurker's explanation was entirely sufficient (entirely correct, yes).

To waffle can also mean to make things up on the fly for the sole purpose of making oneself look intelligent to others.

And as far as "more waffles than a house of pancakes," it refers to the fact that a pancake house serves many waffles and other assorted breakfast goodies (at least waffles are breakfast items here in the US). The assertion that he has more waffles than a house of pancakes implies that Kerry waffles excessively: Literally to the point of producing more "waffles" than an establishment whose only function is just that.

A bit more of an explanation than was needed for something so funny, bipartisan, and utterly true....but that's what I do best... :)

@DarkPhoenix

I'm not sure DaLurker's explanation was entirely sufficient (entirely correct, yes).

To waffle can also mean to make things up on the fly for the sole purpose of making oneself look intelligent to others.

And as far as "more waffles than a house of pancakes," it refers to the fact that a pancake house serves many waffles and other assorted breakfast goodies (at least waffles are breakfast items here in the US). The assertion that he has more waffles than a house of pancakes implies that Kerry waffles excessively: Literally to the point of producing more "waffles" than an establishment whose only function is just that.

A bit more of an explanation than was needed for something so funny, bipartisan, and utterly true....but that's what I do best... :)

No no, I need to be explained stuff like that in order to be able to understand them. (I'm not saying I'm stupid, cause I know I'm not, (:rolleyes:) but explanations like that make me understand the english language more. And.. I really need to use a dictionary more often:

waf·fle

Informal

v. waf·fled, waf·fling, waf·fles

v. intr.

To speak or write evasively.

v. tr.

To speak, write, or act evasively about.

n.

Evasive or vague speech or writing.

This entry says it's about being evasive. I guess that's partly what you meant too.

Thanks, anyhow. :D