Newer pc cant install old pc win 2000

Hello people.

I have a compac p3 with a include cd of Windows 2000 pro. I go to install this on my new p4 machine which i have built but it comes up this os is not distributed with this machine. Is there a way arround this? I know a little about making an unattended cd so could I do something to make it work?

Folders on the cd are

compaq

discover

i386

setuptxt

support

usw2k_zx

valueadd

root files inc

autorun.inf

cdrom_ip.5

cdrom_nt.5

cdromsp2.tst

name.bin

oslang.cpq

setup.exe

readme.doc

read1st.txt

spnotes.htm

Thanx

Come on someone help. my win2000 copy is registered 2 me but its for my old compac pc. my hd crashed! Ruddy virus!! So I built a new one, new cpu/mother board/hd.

Ive tried making a unattended copy but it wont work.

Please help me someone. :)

Well, if your problem is just to install the win2k OS, then why don't you install it?

But if you want to work a way around to installing the win2k OEM for compaq pc, there's no luck on working a way around it. Buy a new one!(as MS will surely tell you to).

But for us consumer's, our wallet is tight, I don't know how the OEM OS's say on their small letter LAWS, but if you can build a PC, why don't you put all the motherboards e.t.c. into your old compaq box. In a way, I guess it will not violate the MS laws, and further more, your HD went down on you right? When it doesn't work, you gotta exchange the old to the new one, so it should all be ok!