A new spin on a old site

likuidkewl

It looks nice. It does use methods I don't think highly about, but since nobody cares about that anyway, I'll just comment on the design. I just thought up something I think would make it look better -- if you let those images on the top of posts float, so that text would be starting on the right side of the picture and then when it's become longer than the picture, start below it. I've put together an example for you, so you can see what I mean:

One of your newsitems 'fixed' the way I meant

Your current design is wasting that space for no reason, don't you agree? :)

It looks nice. It does use methods I don't think highly about, but since nobody cares about that anyway, I'll just comment on the design. I just thought up something I think would make it look better -- if you let those images on the top of posts float, so that text would be starting on the right side of the picture and then when it's become longer than the picture, start below it. I've put together an example for you, so you can see what I mean:

One of your newsitems 'fixed' the way I meant

Your current design is wasting that space for no reason, don't you agree? :)

How do you suggest i do that, is it some kind of option in the ACP I am missing or what?

hmm I do agree with darkphoenix on it and his link to modified html file seems nicer.

other than that the page design the colors, icons they're all pretty nice!

the page loads pretty fast on 56k so I like it :)

I just added a little command to your style sheet..

row4 img { float: left; }

and to make the Source/View link appear under the image, just encapsulate that part in a div that has this style set:

clear: both;

You know how i could do that to the post's not on the frontpage and in the foums I have tried but the post itslef is treated as an image, so evertime i try to float the image i float the whole thing off to the right, lol.

I don't really see the problem... eh... although you've set images to float off to the right instead, yeah? You also got to teach your posters not to put in so many line breaks <br /> tags. Like the upper post, it has one google image, one security image and then text. Since that person has put a line break between the first image and the second, the second image is one step lower than the first. And then, after that image, there are two more line breaks, causing the text to start very low. When dealing with floating images, they aren't actually part of the text any more, and so you should just put the images there, and then type, with no line breaks at all.

As for the forums -- as far as I can see, they don't contain images... they just have a line of text going something like

(IMG:http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9813/helpticket.jpg)

And, uh.. where do I find posts not on the front pages? :)

And, uh.. where do I find posts not on the front pages? :)

You can find posts here a good one is in the entertainment adn media section, south park character generator, lots of images.

The images I am talking about are the hotlinked images in say the news forums, for example when i view the ms job post on the frontpage the image is on the right, but in the post itself in the form not the FP, it is still centered that is what I am trying to fix.

I see those images ok. But they seem to be where they should be... (left-aligned under "Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)")

The front news items, however, give me images in ( ) tags. I've tried with both Mozilla and Firefox (I know their basically the same, but they're what I wanna use. I'll just try with IE for the sake of testing.. yup, can't see image there either.. here:

http://www.zer0-tec.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=635

I honestly have no idea why you have these issues, I tried the exact link that you posted but I see them all fine, adn I am using IE. Maybe you can just answer my question as to how to float the user's hot linked image only and not the whole post. I tried, as stated before to try this in the .post2 img but that aligns everything to the right.

I really can't do anything unless I can see for myself how it looks... besides it's weird, cause your HTML says nothing about there being an image there.. see:

<!-- BEGIN POST -->
    (IMG:<a href='http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9813/helpticket.jpg' target='_blank'>http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9813/helpticket.jpg</a>)<br /><br />   Microsoft expects to hire roughly 6,000 to 7,000 workers...

as for just answering, that's what I'd do... so I can't really help you more... I'm sorry. :)