Official Nvidia Forceware 61.76 WHQL

creopard

sorry if i have to clarify this... but does it mean for an INF to be installed via OEMpnpDriversPath, it should either be newer than the one SP2 provides AND it should be WHQL'ed?

windows use the inf to check out any matches with the system, and also check if this is newer than the version which is included in windows ( for SP2 prath say many times it is 56.XX ) also check if it is WHQL certified.

sounds very logically??

ok... I am having a problem doing the OEMpnpDriversPath, I've used it before with my ATI cards and it worked fine. I just upgraded to the 6800GT and am trying to use the 61.77 ForceWare drivers. The install completes but just after the GUI install mode (before the first actual logon), the screen goes dark (following the Starting Windows XP logo) some horizontal lines appear across the screen and then it reboots.

If I go to safe mode and "uninstall" the video card it boots fine, at which point I can install the driver manually and all is fine.

As a work-around I am now installing the driver with the RunOnceEx.cmd, but since it's not a WHQL driver it prompts me to continue... this isn't exactly an unattended install at this point.

Can anone provide some assistance...

My system specs:

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZX

PNY 6800GT

Promise RAID (onboard mobo)

all the drivers for the above, (sound, chipset, RAID) with the exception of the video card, are all loaded in the OEMpnpDriversPath. Could it be possible that the chipset drivers are interfering with the video???

Thanks in advance.

SS

Please just use OEMpnpDriversPath itself, for nVidia forceware drivers - everything (and the nVidia Control Panel) installs properly that way.

I've said many times, that the 61.77 (being non-WHQL) does not get installed by windows setup automatically. The solution is to stick with the WHQL-certified v61.76 drivers - get them from here - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.

ok i got the whole thing down but when i extraxt the files which ar the certified ones. do i copy the whole thing i extracted to that folder? and also i realized the intel chipset driver u had to put it in a inf folder and another driver folder in order to work is that just for chipset or everything

/

The nVidia drivers are to be used in the "OemPnpDriversPath" method - just like most other drivers - there's nothing special about nVidia drivers install that needs to be mentioned here.

If something is unclear, please visit the official MSFN guide here: http://unattended.msfn.org/ - its all explained here, including the details you want to know.

A short starter, for how to get the nvidia drivers working through this method:

1. Extract all the files of the v61.76 drivers into a folder called "nVidia".

2. Now put that folder in this path on your uA CD - "$OEM$\$$\"

3. So now, you should have a "$OEM$\$$\nVidia" folder with lots of files (no folders) within, including atleast one file with a .INF extension.

4. Confirm that the below is present in your winnt.sif:

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath=windows\nVidia

(if you have more drivers to add, do so using the ";" separator).

5. Also check that winnt.sif is in your I386 folder.

6. Now make the CD (according to instructions from the MSFN guide), and boot-up.

7. Complete the setup, and if you have any graphics card based on an nVidia chipset, the newer 61.76 drivers would have been installed.

Hoping this helps drewdogg, and all of you who have been having issues installing this version of the nVidia driver, on XPSP2. :)

Well, you can put it anywhere you want to - but the appropriate directory should be mentioned in the winnt.sif. I put the drivers within a sub-folder under "Windows" because that reduces the clutter at the root of the C:\ drive. Accordingly, I've changed the OemPnpDriversPath entry.

prathapml, i like your simplisitc approach to solving this problem -- it is what i was using originally to install the drivers for my Ti 4200. with the release of service pack 2 i have ran into one little complication, i can't get the control panel to install. now i know that you have answered the issue with this allready (or mabey i just missed the answer i was looking for), but the issue i have is that i use a card by eVGA; that is, they have their own distro of the drivers for the card and as such this is what i have been using. now, using your method (again, same thing i have been doing for a while now), i get the non-windows non-WHQL verified drivers to install, but once again, no control panel (witch, i have to say i would not care much for this, except i need it to set my second monitor correctly.)

anyhow, to get to the point, is there anyway to make this work? or should i just get over it and use nvidia's driver set and not eVGA's?

i would also like to point out that i used nlite to set up the slipstreaming of sp2 into my install disc for windows, and in the process i turned on some option to avoid asking to install non-whql drivers. between that and anything else i manually added, my winnt.sif looks like this in that section:

[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="yes"

FileSystem=*

Repartition=No

KeyboardLayout="US-International"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_network;Drivers\002_graphics;Drivers\003_vivo;Drivers\004_sound;Drivers\005_raid"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

so.. yeah.. thanks in advance and i hope that i am not repeating sometning.

Considering that all nVidia cards based on a particular chip are pretty much the same, and that nvidia makes unified drivers which aren't as buggy as ATi's, the solution is simple:

Stick with nVidia's drivers - they aren't "generic" or in any way lesser than what has come with your OEM (eVGA) card. If anything, they are better - nVidia 's own drivers can do better for configuring your second monitor. There's no way I can know what is happening with eVGA's customised drivers and CPL, but I do know that abandoning them and using nVidia's driver set is the better option in your case.

I suppose that was your question - if I've missed out on reading any other question you may have asked there, do ask it. :) Hoping this helps.....

yeah... i was just trying to get an opinion weather or not it would be easier/better/smarter/safer/[insert correct adjective here] to use the nVidia driver distro over trying to get the CPL to work with eVGA's non-WHQL'ed distro... or somthing towards that effect. i dunno. i was really tired. :) but yes, i think you have answered my question. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having issues with it auto rebooting without my input even when creating the iss file on many different nvidia drivers (nforce 4.27, WDM 2.20)even though the iss was created. I REALIZE SOME OF THIS IS THE SAME AS AN EARLIER POST BUT READ ON.

I found this solution:

ORIGINAL ISS FOR CHIPSET DRIVERS

[installShield Silent]

Version=v7.00

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll

[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0

Count=1

[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

THE ALPHANUMERIC CODE IS IMPORTANT

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE

=SBD= REAPER

EDITTED VERSION SAME AS PREVIOUS POST WHICH ADDS INFO TO THIS

[installShield Silent]

Version=v7.00

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0

Count=2

Dlg1={EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdFinishReboot-0

[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdFinishReboot-0]

Result=1

BootOption=0

HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART

SEE THE SIMILARITIES WHEN I MODIFIED THE WDM ISS FILE TO MAKE IT WORK AND YOU GET THE PICTURE AS TO WHAT NEEDS DONE.

ORIGINAL ISS FOR WDM VIVO DRIVERS

[installShield Silent]

Version=v6.00.000

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

[{B023185F-F1EF-4F97-B0BD-AE6D802226D1}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={B023185F-F1EF-4F97-B0BD-AE6D802226D1}-SdWelcome-0

Count=1

[{B023185F-F1EF-4F97-B0BD-AE6D802226D1}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

MODIFIED VERSION