Official Nvidia Forceware 61.76 WHQL

creopard

Just some information. :rolleyes:

I'm just trying a new install on this very machine where I'm typing this message, and it's simply as expanding all the files (using WinRAR, in my case) that are inside the 61.76***.exe (downloaded from nVidia, since it's WHQL-labeled) to a folder under $OEM$\$1\Drivers\002_GART\6176 - and calling it from winnt.sif (OEM PnP Drivers Path...).

The Control Panel works fine, using this method. Just for reference, I did before the same install using StarStorm's modified/tweaked 56.72X, unsuccessfully.

Seems that Winnt.sif can only 'see' digitally-signed drivers. :)

• 3 weeks later...

have you tried (from ref.chm)?

[UNATTEND] 
DriverSigningPolicy = Block | Warn | Ignore

Microsoft strongly advises against using DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore unless you have fully tested the device driver in your environment and are sure that it works properly.

That's a known setting in winnt.sif

You could try using that, but didn't help in my case - when a signed driver is present, windows WILL install that instead of an unsigned one.

BTW, those warnings about DriverSigningPolicy aren't something to be bothered about, *IF* you happen to know that your drivers are fine, and were tested by the manufacturer before being released.

have you tried (from ref.chm)?

[UNATTEND] 
DriverSigningPolicy = Block | Warn | Ignore

Microsoft strongly advises against using DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore unless you have fully tested the device driver in your environment and are sure that it works properly.

From ref.chm

If you are using DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore and you attempt to install a newer, unsigned copy of a driver that distributed with Windows XP or Windows 2000 Server operating systems, Setup installs the signed Windows XP driver instead of the unsigned drivers, in accordance with the ranking process used by the operating system.

Still doesnt explain why I have been able to previously.

I have not spent very long on this, but when installing using OemPnpDriversPath the control panel does not install for me on my Geforce FX 5200. The drivers install correctly and everything seems to be fine, but the extended control panel (available under "advanced') does not install.

VIA Based Motherboard,

XP SP2,

Geforce FX 5200

Thats all I can think of, just my experience up to this point as I haven't played around with it very much.

The drivers install correctly and everything seems to be fine, but the extended control panel (available under "advanced') does not install.

WXP SP2 versions have an updated driver-list - so its that one which got installed. Right there (in Advanced) check for details and version, and you'll see that they all say "Microsoft Corporation". So, you need to have a higher (and signed) version than what is already with windows - only then will the drivers fron nVidia install from YOUR drivers - currently it hasn't used your drivers at all!

@prathapml: you are absolutely right! I hadn't even noticed the "Microsoft Corporation" in parentheses.

@Anyone: Assuming that I already use "DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore", is there a way to get the non-mircosoft sourced drivers to install? I'm not asking anyone to do the legwork for me, but if someone already has a good working solution, that would be great to post to this thread.

There's no need to ignore driver signing - forceware 61.76 is WHQL'ed, and installs perfectly fine for me. The one with SP2 is v56.73. So, if you have a signed (also called WHQL) driver of a version higher than this, it installs fine with no problem. Try checking if your OEMpnpDriversPath is properly listing the path to the folder that contains the nVidia-gfx INF files.

hey guys,

i'm a newbie so i'm not sure EXACTLY what i'm doing, but...

i extracted the 61.77_win2kxp_english.exe using winrar...

i included the folder path in the OemPnPDriversPath line in WINNT.SIF

is that all i have to do?

Thanks

Excuse me....... but this is a repetition for the last time, that the 61.77 drivers are not WHQL approved. You need WHQL'ed drivers, and should use 61.76. Then it will work. IF YOU USE A non-WHQL DRIVER, IT WILL NOT WORK (not perfectly, atleast).

There's no need to ignore driver signing - forceware 61.76 is WHQL'ed, and installs perfectly fine for me. The one with SP2 is v56.73. So, if you have a signed (also called WHQL) driver of a version higher than this, it installs fine with no problem. Try checking if your OEMpnpDriversPath is properly listing the path to the folder that contains the nVidia-gfx INF files.

@prathapml: how about previous WHQL'ed Detonator Drivers? Say, 30.82? It doesn't install via the OEMpnpDriversPath under my unattended XPCD (my videocard is a 32mb GF2MX400 64-bit). does my situation fall with the scenario you mentioned?