Official Nvidia Forceware 61.76 WHQL

creopard

Why use the install-shield ?

Delete the ISS-related files (thereby saving space), and use the standard "OEMpnpdriverspath=" method. If you don't know what OEMpnpdriverspath is, you probably need to take a look at the official MSFN uA guide.

Why use the install-shield ?

Delete the ISS-related files (thereby saving space), and use the standard "OEMpnpdriverspath=" method. If you don't know what OEMpnpdriverspath is, you probably need to take a look at the official MSFN uA guide.

why??

maybe because he wants a install with all the options?? (so including the contorl panel etc)

why??

maybe because he wants a install with all the options?? (so including the control panel etc)

FYKI, all the options, including Control Panel install with no problem using the method mentioned above. Moreover, the above method would help in the sense that if you don't have an nVidia card, the nVidia setup/drivers won't be installed.

I wanted to install it that way:

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\nv4_disp.dll REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "NVidia Control Panel 6.1.7.6" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\nv4_disp.dll REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Drivers\graphik\nvidia6176\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss" /f

Control Panel won't install via OEMpnpdriverspath

Ever since the late 50.xx drivers, I've never been able to get the nVidia drivers to install correctly using the OemPnPDriversPath option - the files seem to copy and what not, but Control Panel is missing. I know one issue I've seen as of late is that the chipset (mainly GART) drivers don't appear to be completely be loading properly even though they're the first in line - I find I typically have to re-run the ForceWare install go get a few devides installed properly.

Ever since the late 50.xx drivers, I've never been able to get the nVidia drivers to install correctly using the OemPnPDriversPath option - the files seem to copy and what not, but Control Panel is missing. I know one issue I've seen as of late is that the chipset (mainly GART) drivers don't appear to be completely be loading properly even though they're the first in line - I find I typically have to re-run the ForceWare install go get a few devides installed properly.

which card do u have? and tell more about how you do this. maybe u do something wrong....

and to all others.... i have read about this new driver may slow down your card. the score at 3DMARK03 may give a lower score. 3DMARK01 give the same score. so be aware....

Use this

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v6.00.000
File=Response File
[File Transfer]
OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll
[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-DlgOrder]
Dlg0={EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0
Count=2
Dlg1={EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdFinishReboot-0
[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdWelcome-0]
Result=1
[{EFB7D050-CAD2-11D4-B34D-00105A1C23DD}-SdFinishReboot-0]
Result=1
BootOption=0

I have created and tested it on a virtual machine.

Control Panel won't install via OEMpnpdriverspath

But it does install Your Honour, it does - and is the best and most portable/reliable solution - check if something else is wrong in your case.

I have created and tested it on a virtual machine.

Hhm, does it really make sense to test device drivers in a virtual environment such as VirtualPC, etc.? Tenho duvidas. Because this software firstly only emulates and secondly emulates only standard devices, i.e. not necessariliy emulate the devices one has in his own machine? I'm right, yeah?!?

If the driver work on Virtual Machine is irrelevant, only the install activity is set in setup.iss.

EDIT: And now I have tested it on my real machine and it works fine. swgreed has also posted a validation before.

Edited by Kleopatra

Just some little info for me:

When i extracted the whole package, and wanted to replace the previous one, i saw that the ethernet dir had another extra besides the one i allready had!

For ure info, i use the OEMpnpdriverspath.

I removed the win2k drivers dir's, but in the ethernet directory i noticed that by now it has allready 3 directory's for winxp drivers, instead of 2 which i had before.

Not only an NRM-dir, but also PreNRM-dir.

So in order to manage those i want to know what do u REALLY use from the ethernet directory after extraction??