Having trouble burning Longhorn 4074

xsayun

My friend just sent me an ISO file for Longhorn beta 4074, but the ISO is 750mb! Nero burning ROM will not allow me to burn this on a CDRW... (which is 700mb)... Any idea how I can burn this so I can give it a run?

BTW, I have 2 hard drives, my primary a 30gb, and the slave is a 13gb... I'm planning on installing Longhorn to the 13gb one, and making it dual bootable. Does the setup in longhorn allow for that? Also, if I get a later build of Longhorn, can I just install that over the 13gb and still have a dual bootable system? (XP pro/longhorn) ? TIA.

Obtain (preferably through purchase or trial) a copy of Alcohol 120%. It'll let you overburn an ISO to fit on a CDR80 (700MB) CD. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CRAM IT ON A CDR74 CD-R. It should be around 733MB on the CD. Now, keep in mind, only do this if you're sure your CD-R drive can handle overburn. You can damage the drive if you tell it to overburn and it's not equipped to handle it. Most Plextor drives seem to overburn without complaint. I accept NO responsibility for damage that may be caused. You will also see a multitide of warnings in Alcohol 120% and Nero when attempting to overburn. Heed them wisely.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use WinISO to delete the Support Tools on the CD, then resave the ISO and try overburning that. It brings the image size down from 733 to 722 megs. It's not much, but it will help a lot of people overburn their 700 meg CD-Rs.

i overburned it on an 800 mb cd.In the nero u have to enable an option of overburn.it is in the expert features.

Also u have to write it as a disk at once instead of track at once as usual.

u have a to get a 800 mb cd instead of a 700 mb

one of those burners that supports HD-Burn and get 1400 mbs on a CDR-80.....

If my memory serves me right, it seems like only a few Pioneer and Plextor drives support that technology. It sure would be nice if the market base for that standard widened.

BTW, would a standard CD-ROM drive (read-only) be able to read from a "HD-Burn"ed CD?

• 3 weeks later...