XP install from 2nd HDD

Hi Peeps, i have a slight problem regarding installing XP from another drive on same pc, the p.c in question has no cd-rom nor a floppy drive, just 2 HDD's, i have placed all the neccesary files on the 2nd drive including the $OEM$ folder inside the I386 folder, i know that the only way to install XP is from within XP (or other OS) using winnt32.exe

here are the command line switches i am using

D:\OSes\WindowsXP\I386\winnt32.exe /dushare:D:\OSes\Build\I386 /s:D:\OSes\Build\I386 /makelocalsource /noreboot /unattend:D:\OSes\Build\I386\Unattend.txt

however on reboot setup tells me that another version of xp is installed, even though i have told setup to autopartition (delete partition) and then setup asks me to delete the old windows folder which i have no choice but to do, but then all the other old files and programs are still intact which i do not want.

is there a way around both of these problems???

and before someone says why dont you use a cd? answer is because no access to cd-rom, nowhere to put it, and i dont want to!!!

The easiest way to accomplish what you want to do is to use BartPE or WinPE, boot from CDROM. After booting, you can then reformat and clean the folders on drive C. After that, run winnt32.exe with the switches to copy the installation files to drive C with the source from drive D. On reboot, remove the CD's and installation will start on drive C.

You can create BartPE free from www.nu2.nu if you do not have a copy of WinPE. By the way, if you want to reformat a drive from BartPE using the small file system application A43 or something, you need to right click the drive without viewing the drive contents (left click), otherwise it will complain saying another application is using the current drive and it cannot quick format.

... and before someone says why dont you use a cd? answer is because no access to cd-rom, nowhere to put it, and i dont want to!!!
The easiest way to accomplish what you want to do is to use BartPE or WinPE, boot from CDROM.  ...

As we say in Yiddish ... Oiy Weh ...

Hey there devil270975, good to see you around. Sorry, no answer for you, just wanted to say good to see you pop in again!

Isn't there an option from that blue screen to delete the partition, and then you have to press "D" somewhere? I'd try myself ... but I have my data just where I want it now.

easy there greenmachine, unfortunatly no option to delete partition only other windows folder which of course leaves old $Docs and $Progs folders intact.

@ME2U, Please read topics FULLY before replying, But here it is again for people with selective reading disorders, there is absolutely NO ACCESS to a cd-rom drive. hope that clears it up