XP Pro and WPA

xit

Just a quick Q in regards to XP Pro and WPA.

Obviously when XP is installed onto the operating system it generates an Activation key for the hardware etc.

for e.g, if you keep the same configuration, but need to format the drive, will you need to request a new WPA key, or will you be able to simply enter the current one you have?

Just a quick Q in regards to XP Pro and WPA.

Obviously when XP is installed onto the operating system it generates an Activation key for the hardware etc.

for e.g, if you keep the same configuration, but need to format the drive, will you need to request a new WPA key, or will you be able to simply enter the current one you have?

use your same key with your XP disk you used before. I have formatted well over 20 times since XP became availble in retail stores and had to call MS only 2 times.

-XPerties

Well you could just use corp. Never have to type in a serial or anything. I have my own valid key so sp1 as not f***ed me yet. And the new crap they are planing wont either. If it does then all valid corp. users are going to be p***ed. :rolleyes:

I have it setup to install on its own so. I just stick in the cd and a disk in my a drive and magic happens. Never have to activate ever. Dont u love it. Microsoft is so f*ck*ng stupid. They should just make u call to get a key that installs corp. Like the comapany calls microsoft and they send them a special key that unlocks their corp. Then if it gets leaked microsoft would know excatly what comapny leaked it. Then no one would have corp, or would they. :)