DoomIII Gold...

Deezire

enuffsaid -

hmmm depends...I'm sure sales of any given game are likely to be higher during x-mas season...but with Doom its not just the game being sold thats important...but also the hardware to go along with it.

With id games as I would hope you do know...is also the need to upgrade to the latest wiz bang hardware in order to make it fly.

Where as HL 2 should run fine (if they clean up the code) on a 2ghz box with a ATI 8500 or Nvidia GF3 installed.

Well in europe maybe everyone is going all over the place but LOT of us here in the States aren't going any place we can't drive to....airports here are just plane hell these days...and thats just flying with in our air space let alone actually going some place & returning.

Sounds like your the kinda guy that spends his entire summer in front of the computer.

Oh was that a pot shot I seen go zipping past me? :)

Actually no normally I'm out in the field building some highrise, mall, dam, highway....I make rather good money...but come x-mas time there is no way for me to sport the funds for a system upgrade to enjoy a game...and I'm sure that goes for many others as well....the price of the game isn't the limiting factor...its the hardware...so to me its better that they released it during the summer time while I and many others can afford to flip the bill for some hardware....instead of releasing it when I'm strapped for cash because I'm buying everyone gifts.

hehe yes Quake I did have me on the edge of my seat a good part of the time while playing it...but I have a hard time recalling any thing since then that did the same thing for me....HL had a few spots...same goes for RtCW...maybe console's have more to offer in this area...but PC's its kind of lackluster at best.

So while Doom III may not be bringing any thing new to the table in the way of game play...it's at least trying to do some thing a little less played out...and thats fear....HL 2 doesn't even make that effort really. Actually HL 2 is just copying every thing that other games already have done....there is nothing new about that game at all. At least with Doom III we got new lighting. :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree on your views...

Also it seems you are referring to the terrorist threat which makes flying unsafe in the USA. Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're saying, but if you are indeed referring to terrorsism... I suggest you go to that monkey faced a$$hole of a president of yours. Its amazing to see a country travel so little and still have such a strong opinion on how things should be run in the rest of the world. But lawdy lawd... show a bit of TIT on US TV and the whole nation comes to a stop!!! LOL LOL LOL. We Europeans are laughing at you gringos! LOL! :)

I'm not about to take this discussion ad infinitum, as it is mostly base on personal preferences. If lighting is your thing... go with Doom III. I'm for gameplay and HF2 will come with a new version of counterstrike. NOBODY plays that! :rolleyes:

instead of releasing it when I'm strapped for cash because I'm buying everyone gifts.

Let them buy YOU gifts, too! :D

You can disagree with me all you want, it doesn't bother me one bit.

As for flying your inserting your own BS and are way off base. No people here are not afraid to fly....just all the **** check points are a hassle that eat up time and get on peoples nerves.

As for Bush...well while I don't agree with him on all terms I have a hard time reaching your conclusion. I would also say get use to him since he will be getting relected...since we don't have any one better than him running for office.

You are also grabbing at straws...know little of the rest of the world huh...well across from my house is a nice Russian couple with thier two cute boys, to the left of my house is a mother and her 3 kids from France...three house's to the right of my house is a multi-generation house hold of Chiness all very good people, and only the youngest of them where born here, around the corner is a couple from Iran, and the house next to them is own by a nice old gentalmen from Nigeria thats been here 8 years now and is hoping his grandson and wife will be coming over this holiday season. So while I my self my not be traveling the globe...I'm not sheltered from it ether and I do hear concerns and prase over the stance this country takes on issues. Now while my block maybe mostly made up whites born and breed here, every one here does talk and does get along other than when some ones dog poop's in some one else yard...then a bit of a fuss maybe struck up for 10min of bitching.

Actually Janet showing her tit wasn't over all a big thing....media drummed it up more than what it was....and I certainly don't recall the nation coming to any sort of stop over this....only times I recall this nation coming to a halt in my life time was when the shuttle blew up :rolleyes: and the Trade Centers where distroyed. :D

hmm I don't know about European's laughing at us...maybe just you and a few others. Please don't forget that our latest vintures in globle policing have been aided and manned by most European nations.

Okay I'm puzzled here...how the hell do you know that HL2 offers better game play than D3? The aswer is you don't....shame on you for making such a wild speculation.

Yes a lot of drones play CS...I'll give you that...but I've also seen the latest vid on that...and frankly it doesn't look much better than whats offered in SoF II, other than better water...and better skeletal animation...hehe both of which could be patched into SoF II, other than the fact Raven won't bother since they aren't getting any funds for it and they got bigger projects going on right now.

Also I imagine that CS is now being packaged with HL2 because a few of my buddys are porting thier rather popular mod to Enemy Territory...maybe you've heard of it Urban Terror....which other than water...will look just as pretty...hehe and play better than CS....but that is my personal pref...but more to the point that they will no longer really be able to sale is since there will be some thing offered for free of equal value.

As for gifts...I'll be getting those as well....I just don't expect that any of them will be for what I need to buff up my system.

I'll be buying both games as is....its not like you can only buy just one game....I just can't understand HL-CS fan boys thinking whats being brought to thier gaming world as the hottest tech out there....its not...but by **** sure its one hell of a upgrade to what they have been playing....they will finally be able to enjoy the things those of us that play the latest incarnations of Quake and Ureal have been enjoying for years.

Hehe welcome to modern times. :)

@ Novalogic...

Like I said, we don't agree the slightest bit. And you don't have to bit a bothered... I'm not :rolleyes:. Glad to see at least somebody likes Bush. :)

It's not easy for a country that's only historical cultural contribution to this planet is Marvel Commics and Fast Food.... sorry... that was below the belt. hehe.

Doom II, Playstation 1 and the dead of night.........just one more level..........What was that noise!!!!????

I love being scared s@#tless and Doom II did. Only the original Silent Hill has scared me since. Cant wait for DOOM III and if the atmos in the Beta is anything to go on, Im not going to be dissapointed.

P.s. Will it run on my 486?

This game is gonna cause many people to upgrade their graphics card. I dont think my GF4ti4600 is powerful enough. The similarly graphical 3dmark03 shootemup demo runs at about 7fps, even dx9 cards will suffer unless its at least Geforce FX 5700XT or equivalent.

Save up for a 6800GT or X800XT methinks...

This game is gonna cause many people to upgrade their graphics card. I dont think my GF4ti4600 is powerful enough. The similarly graphical 3dmark03 shootemup demo runs at about 7fps, even dx9 cards will suffer unless its at least Geforce FX 5700XT or equivalent.

Save up for a 6800GT or X800XT methinks...

Its even playable with a gforce 4 MX 440...

So say the benchmarks

Try running Farcry on a MX440, we should be trying to enjoy the game, not only make it run.. barely

There will be low settings for those with old cards like myself but your hardly going to experience the atmospheric graphics. This generation of graphics just released is ideal to spend your money on IMO, they are refined dx9.

Please stay on topic.

Next person caught turning threads into totally off topic, "my country is beter than yours", WW2 never happened, WE where the only country to fight in WW1 / 2 type posts, and other flame bait and ill hit you with a 3 day banage. keep that stuff in kindergarten where it belongs please.

my country is bet.. :)

well I'm definitely going to get doom and hl. but so far I like the far cry engine. runs smooth on my laptop 64mb gf4 go. hopefully I've a desktop too, going to upgrade the graphics card of course :rolleyes:

I'm sure the graphics and sounds are going to be amazing on both, but 1 thing I'm not really sure of is the storyline, I want it to be a good one not very childish :D

I haven't read much about doom3 but is it going to be mp? if not hl2 already has advantage over doom3, but I doubt, these days id would be so stupid not to have a mp support.

ow 1 thing, ppl under 15 shouldn't be allowed to buy these games :D