Calling all Hackers?????

XPerties

Ok this question is for the higly quilifed hackers. My cable provider is telling me I should be getting this great speed, well Im not. They also informed me I was capped. Now besides doing the normal reg hack is there a way to reprogram my modem or do a major improvment to my connection?

Second question: Anyone find the reg spot to raise your RWIN?

-chris

Chris,

Have you checked your speed on the usual sites what are you getting....?

Im sure you have but Here is one anyway.

I have a 1meg up and 512 down cable connection and that is capped.

I have seen an FTP site with a prog on call ucapper but never tryed it, ill put the link in FTP group.

Regards,

BAH

Ok this question is for the higly quilifed hackers. My cable provider is telling me I should be getting this great speed, well Im not. They also informed me I was capped. Now besides doing the normal reg hack is there a way to reprogram my modem or do a major improvment to my connection?

Second question: Anyone find the reg spot to raise your RWIN?

-chris [/quote:cb794953ce]

1. Not if you have a DocSis based modem (and Adelphia probably does)

The "uncapper" only worked for 1 old model modem only.

Your cap is programmed evey time your modem connects to the system and also at "random" "wakeup" events.

2. Same as in Win2k. All Win2k tweaks to the TcpIp stack work (only thing that is unchangable is MTU on a PPOE connection)

Ive been to dslreports before but heres the 2 speed test and the results:

~~~~Speed 666(down/121(up)KBPS~~~~

and

~~~~Speed 661(down)/118(up)KBPS~~~~

So in english is this fast or what. Another thing uploading to people from my ftp server it on reaches no higher than 15kbs.

-Chris

That looks like you have the 512 downstream and 256 upstream 15k is about right for that service....

The cable company in my area is trialing 1meg down and 512 up at the moment which is what im on.

Doesnt make that much difference except i get about 160k/sec on d/loads and 35k/sec on uplads.

Regards,

BAH

Ok so I will lean towards my second question post at begaining....Has anyone found where the TCP spots are in winXP? There not the same spot as win2000 and 98. Im sure I can edit the reg to help improments but I have to find them. None of the wesites that have been mentioned have it, nor does any of the XP tweaks that Ive read....Any ideas anyone:wail:

-Chris