A Mac Story, by a Windows User

gamehead200

A Windows User's Worst Nightmare

People! Seven year old Mac's are the worst machines to play with. Especially if its a clone, like the one I have... :rolleyes:

I took this supposed "computer" out of my closet this afternoon. To my surprise, it actually booted up with lots of old junk I used to have! :D So I still had the system disks that came with it, so I tried reinstalling (this is gonna be good) MAC OS 7.6.1! How bad is that!? :D So, I booted up from the CD-ROM with lots of difficulty (oh yeah) when finally, I got the chance to format the 2 gig hard drive. Doesn't it just go and freeze on me 5 seconds after I choose to format! Man, was I mad! :) I was telling sven off because he's a bit more familiar with Mac's than I am, so he told me to press the clover leaf (command button), option, shift, and delete button all at the same time to boot from the CD-ROM drive... Geez, this was annoying...

So after about an hour and a bit, I finally realized the CD-ROM would stop reading or copying half-way everytime I tried doing so... So, I decided to replace it with another SCSI CD-ROM drive I had laying around... Everyone, this Mac drove me crazy!! Its one of these flat cases, sort of like the old Compaq Presarios... So, I unscrewed a bunch of screws, trying to yank the CD-ROM drive out so I could install my *new* one... The **** thing wouldn't come off! So little by little, I tried pulling out the SCSI cable from the drive with such a small space for my fingers to go in and yank it out... I got it eventually... After about 15 minutes, I realized this wasn't an ordinary machine... I had to take out the floppy drive before I could take out the CD-ROM drive... Geez...

Finally, after getting the new drive to work, booting up, formatting the drive, and installing the OS, it worked! What a night...

[Edit] They say Mac's don't freeze as often as PCs, but people, THIS ONE JUST FROZE ON ME!

[Edit 2] OMG! After restarting after the crash, I have this little flashing question mark... Grrr... Give it 5 minutes and restart again...

Oh yeah, and guess what... This was all done just because I wanted to install Linux on here...

lol, it was so funny. i had to call my mac friend to ask about it. LOL. he forgot to select a start up disk and it crashed :) . this was so fun. and then he tells me hes gonna destroy it. it was so **** funny

[edit] i love this, hes completely failing

They say Mac's don't freeze as often as PCs

The people saying that must either have been very drunk or own a large amount of Apple shares :rolleyes: ...

I remember checking out a Ibook in my local store: During the one randomly selected minut I stood looking at it, it managed to crash! ... and I had'n even touched it when it did... :)

Hmmm... **** Macs and incompatibility... The drive I put in doesn't have a driver for this version of Mac... Just had to do the whole CD-ROM replacing process again with another drive I had in my closet... :)

Also, now the old hard drive keeps shutting down on its own while copying stuff! :rolleyes: So now I swapped it with a 3 gig one I had laying around... Yay, another gig to play with (even though the installation only takes up around 90 megs...)! :D

We had some great times with Macs when we were about 8 or 9 years old... We put this program on all the Macs at school called "CatchEm" on all the computers, and whenever you would try clicking an icon, it would run away and play a sound from the Simpsons...

We DID get in trouble for doing that (not serious trouble, just a warning), but it was worth it! :)

*Priceless* :rolleyes: