WinAmp 5.03 Silent Install

Hi,

For gods sake, I tried to install this silenty, read through DOZENS of pages on MSFN forums !!! :D everyone has something and nothing. After reading through all that I found that nobody knows exactly how and what :D , can SOMEONE post a complete CLEAN "HOW-TO" here with all the info and proper files? I am sure that many people out there would love that. :rolleyes:

Thankz a zillion,

:)

xtreme

I downloaded the .msi version, added all the little Xcrap switches, and got a big load of nothing. But on the other hand, I found that when you do 5.03 full, /S for the switch, you don't get Winamp Agent installed. You actually have to go through all that stuff when yu start it the first time. It's a trade off. Fully unattended install to your specs? no. Simple switch to get you on with your batch file? Yep!

I downloaded the .msi version, added all the little  Xcrap switches, and got a big load of nothing.  But on the other hand, I found that when you do 5.03 full, /S for the switch, you don't get Winamp Agent installed.  You actually have to go through all that stuff when yu start it the first time.  It's a trade off.  Fully unattended install to your specs?  no.  Simple switch to get you on with your batch file?  Yep!

i have this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Winamp\Winamp5.msi /QN Xaudio=1 Xmodernskin=1

and this works great for me. but i understand your point.....