Registry Tweaks, Part-1

Set Windows Media Player Skin

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins]"CurrentSkin"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\geek\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Media Player\\Skins\\00547A67\\AlienwareTeleport.wmz"

"LastViewModeVTen"=dword:00000001

"SkinX"=dword:00000097

"SkinY"=dword:0000004b

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins\AlienwareTeleport.wmz]

"Prefs"="vidViewer;false;exitView;true;soundFX;true;coolAnim;true;seekStatus;False;SettingsTab;SRSSettin

gs;SettingsDrawer;False;PlaylistDrawer;False;vidSnapper;true;drawerStatus;False"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins\AlienwareTeleport.wmz\2]

"SkinX"=dword:00000096

"SkinY"=dword:0000004a

"RelativeSkinX"=dword:ffffffff

"RelativeSkinY"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins\AlienwareTeleport.wmz\6]

"SkinX"=dword:00000096

"SkinY"=dword:0000004a

"RelativeSkinX"=dword:ffffffff

"RelativeSkinY"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins\res://wmploc/RT_TEXT/Equalizer.wsz]

"Prefs"="splineTension;3"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Skins\res://wmploc/RT_TEXT/MainAppSkin2.wsz]

"Prefs"="mute;False;TrackTimeFormat;0"

Change the "AlienwareTeleport.wmz" and "Geek" To your skin and your choosen username.

I notice you have one big one...is this all the other reg files combined into one...if so I could fix that one up and send that one to you...but if the others contain stuff not in the big reg file, I could fix all of them up and send you those. Shouldnt take me long as most of the settings I have, so I know what they are supposed to be...yea, some of the ones posted here are wrong...and I could tell, the ones that I know are wrong are from this thread...I just havent gotten around to making a post here as to which ones are wrong.

you are correct in that the one big file contains all the smaller files. I did this to make it easyer to make changes.

if you don't mind sending me the changes i'd appriciate it ... perhaps if you coudl make a comment with

; ***

then i could use find and see where the changes are. saves you telling me specifically.

thanks

Mistakes & Addtitions to "Johnny Do's Custome Registy Settings"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express]
"Hide Messenger"=dword:00000001

should be =dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]
"Size"=dword:00000002

could also be =dword:00000003

"1" = minimize memory, "2" = balance or "3" = maximize network throughput

Services... Some services were supposed to start in manual mode (e.g. Spooler), but the author set all "manual services" to dword:00000002!

2 is "automatic mode", manual mode should be dword:00000003

;-----  Enable the Network Adapter Onboard Processor
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"DisableTaskOffload"=dword:00000001

is wrong! the abobe entry disables the NIC Onboard Processor

(0= Use NIC Processor, 1= Disable NIC Processor)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:0003ebc0
"TcpWindowSize"=dword:0003ebc0

this should be commented out, for dial-up users

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex]
"FilterFilesWithUnknownExtensions"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex]
"FilterFilesWithUnknownExtensions"=dword:00000000

there might be a typo... these 2 entries are in different sections of reg files

(the first entry is the right one)

last thing:

ATi video card and 1GB of ram or more the tweak LargeSystemCache=1 will cause serious data corruption

wow, you found ones i didnt even find...im gonna email him the changes i mad...but theres like 3 that shouldnt be in there...I personally dont use HKEY_USERS for tweaks...and theres like 3 of them in there. theres also a networking tweak that breaks the rest of the file because instead of a ", there is a :, but im sending him the reg I fixed (not including your fixes) and hopefully it all makes sense...LOL, Im not very good at explaining things.

to those that haev found any bugs in my tweaks if you could please forward them to my e-mail i'd sure appriciate it

j-cronk [at] writeme.com

I know it's very possible to miss things and I've tried my best to look for duplicate but when you look at as much code as what's in that file your eyes go cross eyed. Besides then it'll be up to date for everyone to dl. :D

It would be best to edit the original large file and add a comment just before it with a ";****" so it's easy to use the search to find it.

Can someone tell me what exactly what EXACTLY each of these does:

;Disable SP2 warning messages for executables

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]"CheckExeSignatures"="no"

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\{11D31951-7848-48E3-89C2-6762AF05C427}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=".exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

Are these only for IE, or do they disable signature-checking when opening EXE files in Explorer too?

Are there any other LowRisk FileTypes?

TIA

wow, you found ones i didnt even find...im gonna email him the changes i mad...but theres like 3 that shouldnt be in there...I personally dont use HKEY_USERS for tweaks...and theres like 3 of them in there.  theres also a networking tweak that breaks the rest of the file because instead of a ", there is a :, but im sending him the reg I fixed (not including your fixes) and hopefully it all makes sense...LOL, Im not very good at explaining things.

I looked throught he network tweaks and coudl not find the error that you seemed to spot. I have alsnot not received any files or instructions from you saying where it is. Can you please forward these fixes to me?

thanks

Evilvoice:

humm strange .. it should work as I have not noticed any problems with it for the last year or so. ok then use my pop3 account

cronkj [at] rogers.com

(obviously you'll have to substitute the [at] for the @ symbol :) )

I have made the changed to my reg file thus far reported in this forum. there is one key for IE for checking exe file signatures that are duplicate. they now both read "no". I want to keep both of them as they are both a IE tweak and a SP2 tweak.

if you want, track me down on MSNM with j_cronk@hotmail.com

(I do not accept e-mail at all on this account)

Can someone tell me what exactly what EXACTLY each of these does:
;Disable SP2 warning messages for executables

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]

"CheckExeSignatures"="no"

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\{11D31951-7848-48E3-89C2-6762AF05C427}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=".exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

Are these only for IE, or do they disable signature-checking when opening EXE files in Explorer too?

Are there any other LowRisk FileTypes?

TIA

correct if if i'm wrong, but basically when you download a file weither it's a .wav, zip, exe, or whatever from the net you now get a warning message from SP2 askign you if you really want to run/load that file.

the above will disable this feature.

the lowrisk files are the file types you commonly download from the net as to not get this message box when you load these files.