Registry Tweaks, Part-1

Could someone place all of the RegTweaks mentioned in this topic in a .txt-file and add it to a message as an attachement? 'Cuz I just started viewing this and don't really want to watch all of the posts... :)

Thank you very, very much in advance!

Alexei Kubarev

I would help people like me.

Because when I have instaled my unatended winxp dvd the sound setting is set to almost the min of what is posible. I allways was setting this setting to max manualy so I thought mabay their is a tweak to do it auto. I searches the forum and the www, but couldn't find anything so I decided to made it my self.

For the people who downloaded it can you please let me know if it work,s on you's as wel as on my pc. I am curius it is my first made tweak.

DaRKNeSS

I have tried other peoples ways of this (from this forum & other websites) and didn't have any luck. However I got this working

'My Computer' icon on desktop (log off & on again for it to take effect)

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-73586283-746137067-1060284298-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]
"{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"=dword:00000000

To turn it off, alter both the last digits of the 'dword' to 1

hello everybody, i'm an italian newbie and i saw your amazing board where i learned a lot of

things so i created a personal regtweak file and i would like to know if always is correct and

functionally and also want to know if it's possible (without create some problem) to automatically

install all the tweaks via my unattended file and in particularly here:

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

in start here is what i have write-->

CLS

@echo off

TITLE Windows XP SP1 - Unattended -

ECHO.

ECHO Ottimizzazione in corso...

ECHO.

ECHO Rimozione Sfondi & Screensavers...

DEL "%systemroot%\*.bmp"

DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\*.jpg"

DEL "%systemroot%\system32\dllcache\*.scr"

DEL "%systemroot%\system32\*.scr"

ECHO.

ECHO Rimozione shortcuts inutili...

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

ECHO.

ECHO Applicazione Registry Tweaks...

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\RegTweaks.reg

ECHO.

ECHO Restart del computer in 1 minuto...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c

EXIT

it's correct??

Tnx to alllllll!!!

And all of these edits can be applied with the command

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg

if you have the regtweaks.reg file in the Install folder. I tried to run the registry editor file on my current XP box but it did not change the settings. Does it work only on the first log on?

I want to make sure that the settings work before I include it in my slipstream. Because I need these changes for my Windows 2003 Advanced Server slipstream also.

thanks

so csa, if you replied to me, it's wrong to write on my start.cmd

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

???

I must digit-->REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg this command?

Well, never mind I was able to get it working

But for some reason my Start Menu still is still not in the Classic menu. I tried rebooting the machine but still no luck

I also found another registry edit that forces the start menu to be classic

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoSimpleStartMenu"=dword:00000001

But I am trying to get it working on Windows 2003 A.S.

Anyone out there facing the same problem...?

Can one of the admins go through this thread, as done with the application switches thread...and delete all entries which arn't useful suggestions.

This post is 50 pages, and I've been tryin to search for a single reg tweak.. and there is alot to filter to..

Maybe we could start a new post.. "REQUESTS" and then each thread gets closed when the request gets answered?

Just an idea...

(BTW... The tweak I'm looking for is how to make the Folder View to be Icons. I've seen all variations, but few worked.)

Have been following all the post in the reg tweaks section and in the Unatended section, Some great suggestions

I am trying(for the last 3 weeks) to create a slipstream cd of XP to use in my computer shop for reinstalling customers machines icluding the SP1, the main MS patches and winzip,acrobat, WMP9

I followed the MSFN walkthrough which was great and all the cd is working finally.

Now if I can just do a few standard tweaks which we do to every new XP system during the installation at T-12 (from CMDlines.txt) it would be great.

I have spent 4 days sifting through the registry my self and went boggle eyed because there seems to be a lot of reduntant (or duplicated) code in the reg (sloppy programming from MS)

I have now spent 2 more days trauling web sites (mainly MSFN forums) and tried all kinds of software for tracking the changes made in the registry but with very limited success.

here is what I am trying to do------

1) under 'Sytem properties' -->Advanced---->Performance settings

trying to untick all boxes except the bottom 3

2) Display properties--> Dektop ---> Customize Desktop--->

Turn on all 4 desktop icons and turn off cleanup wizard

3) Display properties --> appearance---> Effects

Turn off all tick boxes except the second one down

4) Taskbar and start menu properties--->

Turn off 'Group similar similar taskbar buttons'

Turn on 'Quicklaunch'

Turn off 'Hide inactive icons'

Thats it thats all I'm trying to do (part one seems to be the hardest one to nail down.

If i put all these tweaks into one reg file and call that file from cmdlines.txt at T-12 am I right in thinking that these settings will then be the default for all new users

If you can help I would be extremley greatful

Cheers

Format19

Well, since none of you tried to answer my post I just made it myself! :D:rolleyes:

It contains nearly every tweak in this topic. It's a real mess inside, and it's definetely not safe to execute and merge.

There are also some extra files, which were attached to messages. Hope you enjoy it, what probably isn't gonna happen since it's such an aweful mess. Still, I hope it helps you.

Btw, I didn't see anyone post my next tweak:

I don't like it when people typ stuff in my IE Addressbar, so I asked if it was possible to create such a tweak. I could have done it myself now, but then I didn't know... :)

It removes the key that contains the Typed URLs and adds the same key, with your own adresses (tweak included in .rar file):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;First deletes you IE addressbar addresses, than puts these five back
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]
;Puts the key back:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]
;Adds the following addresses:
"url1"="http://www.page1.nl/"
"url2"="http://www.page2.net/"
"url3"="http://www.page3.nl/"
"url4"="http://www.page4.nl/"
"url5"="http://page5.com/"
;The forwardslash at the end isn't neccesary...

;Add as many addresses in it as you wish. You can also add two the same
;addresses.
;"url6"="http://www.google.com"
;"url7"="http://www.site.dom"
;Not only Internet addresses are possible, locations on drive as well
;"url8"="G:\Program Files\eMule\Incoming"

Hope you enjoy the packet! :D

_Reg_Tweaking.rar