Registry Tweaks, Part-1

If you import them during GUIMode Setup (via cmdlines.txt or a similar method) then the tweaks are applied to the default user account.

If i run them in GuiRunOnce will they be applied to the default user ?

No that won't work

These are scripts not registry hacks, but what the heck.

This vbs will make a .m3u playlist out of the current folder. Put it in your SendTo folder. When you want to make a playlist out of a folder, simply right click on the folder and go to send to > whatever.vbs

-gosh

blah.vbs

nice work

don't get me wrong but who uses this?

winamp has an option to enqueue in winamp and play in winamp features

(yea well might be for non-winamp users, but still) :/

again don't get me wrong, i've always appriciated your work. u put a lot of time and effort into it.

Is there a way to modify a reg entry without removing it or creating a new one? Because with xpinstall, I can use the sourcepath but because I use a multi-install dvd this points within a few folders on the cdrom drive. So basically what I want to do is this...

SourcePath --> F:\ROOT\XPPC\

to

SourcePath --> F:\

can I delete part of the entry?

This is so if I burn this on a DVD-R/+R I dont have to worry about the cdrom being drive F: because windows will used sourcepath and as a result having to burn another dvdR

:rolleyes: I dont know if you guys have already given this website somewhere else in the MSFN forums :

http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

It's a very convenient registry tweak that blocks ALL the known crappy spyware that are installed while using Internet Explorer because of the activeX flaw. It also blocks the spy which are already on your hard drive ! :) The file is updated several times a month.

I think it's a good idea to include it in our unattend CD. Apart of the hotfixes, I havent seen that much things on how to increase the security of Windows with an unattended install....

All that does is disable activex control id's. IE updates already do this. Since it only blocks previous spyware, if a new spyware came out today it wouldn't stop it. After time, the list of spyware would become outdated.

-gosh

Here's a registry tweak you guys will actually use.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Start_ShowOEMLink - Create a dword with a value of 1 or 0 to hide the OEM Link on the start menu.

I don't think this is documented anywhere.

There's also Start_ShowSetProgramAccessAndDefaults, set it to 0 to not show the Set programs... in start menu. This tweak has been documented.

S.t.a.r.t.M.e.n.u._.S.t.a.r.t._.T.i.m.e - this isn't documented either

-gosh

IE URL-Spoofing workaround:

with the new cumulative update, links like

http(s)://user:password@www.xyzxyzxyz.com

won't work anymore, but there are quite a few people bookmarking some sites like this. here is a workaround, how you can "fix" IE to work with that urls again!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE]
"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000
"explorer.exe"=dword:00000000