Put packed things in /program files

Hi,

i have a few questions....

1. how can i extract my simply packed programs in the /program files directory by first windows start?

I think i'll have to pack it in a executable archive (.exe) and simply use the command /s. is this right?

2. Can i delete the DRIVER and the PROGRAMS folder automatically from my hdd when installed all programs?

3. Has anyone the application switches for Winamp Lite 5.03a? (I want the minimal program, without the winamp agent and this other crap....) And i don't want to register....

thx for answers....

hi

question 1) u will have 2 use the switches for your sfx program (not sure what 1 u use, so i cant say) search the forum for whatever 1 u use

question 2) yes, once its all installed, u can delete the folders

Note: by the "programs" folder i hope u dont mean "Program Files" cuz that'd be a bad idea :)

question 3) search the application switches thread, i think someone recompiled the setup into a minimal setup

regards

hi,

thx for the fast answer

1. i create sfx files simply with winrar. I have very bad experiences with the forum searches (for example, you can give it a try and search for "winamp lite 5.03a". you'll get hundred of threads, and nothing has anything to do with winamp)

2. i think you misunderstood me... my applications and drivers which will be automatically installed at startup were being copied during the setup of windows xp on the hdd. so once the progams and drivers are installed, the folders are useless. so can i delete them with a simply command (probably with RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers in my start.cmd?)

3. searching application thread is very useless, look at 1....

WinRar can make silent SFX applications. It is in the options when making the SFX. This way it will require no switches, etc. and just be silent all by itself. Extract to "%programfiles%\The application's name" or something.

Yes, simply use RD /S /Q to remove a folder.

For WinAmp, try /S

can i make a do you want to install this program yes/no dialog in my batch.cmd ?

lieblingsbesuch, I wonder if this idea works for you.

Create a batch file and name it check.cmd, and here's what you type in:

cls

@echo off

if exist A:\selected.cmd copy A:\selected.cmd %systemdrive%\Apps\*.*

if exist %systemdrive%\Apps\selected.cmd %systemdrive%\Apps\selected.cmd

if not exist %systemdrive%\Apps\selected.cmd %systemdrive%\Apps\main.cmd

exit

Instead of making your SIF run "main.cmd", make it run "check.cmd"! Your main.cmd and check.cmd are burnt on your CD.

You put your "selected.cmd" on a floppy. Your "selected.cmd" includes a customized list of applications you want installed.