Downloads off kazaa freeze my computer

drunkenmaster

Just got a new computer. Installed Kazaa media desktop then removed it and any spyware. Installed kazaa lite ++. When iam downloading files they will download slowly but surely. Then kazaa freezes up along with my windows explorer. Have check my processor and ram performance and they are fine.

Running an AThlon 3200 with a gig of ram and a 1mb cable modem so would have thought I was alright.

Had modem tested and thats fine

Anybody got any ideas????

well i'm not sure but maybe u've too many running processes and too many downloads at the same time. and due to the excess usage xp might be temp freezing up otherwise it might be lots of things

1st guess would be a bad ram ...

Since it is a bew PC it could be hardware related, but I am more inclined to think it is background processes as XMac thinks. Seek www.BlackViper.com about background processes and how to optimize. Would not be a bad idea since its a new PC and some tweaking never hurt. Also, could be the ISP as some do not allow P2P clients, but thats far fetched. Check the terms of service of your ISP and see if that is applicable. Not know more about your PC and net connection we can only guess.

Just got a new computer. Installed Kazaa media desktop then removed it and any spyware. Installed kazaa lite ++. When iam downloading files they will download slowly but surely. Then kazaa freezes up along with my windows explorer. Have check my processor and ram performance and they are fine.

Running an AThlon 3200 with a gig of ram and a 1mb cable modem so would have thought I was alright.

Dumb Question? Have you checked for viruses? Kazaa is notorious for fake and bogus infect files.

Nice specs there... :)