Shockwave Player 10.0.1.4 - HELP!

evilkwan

You can add /s, (so it will look like this shockwave.exe /s for example) to the file to install it silently, however, Yahoo toolbar will still be installed.

I then added this to my cleanup & rebooting command file, however I have not been able to supress the uninstall YES/NO dialog box that pops up.

rundll32.exe C:\\PROGRA~1\\Yahoo!\\Companion\\Installs\\cpn0\\ycomp5_3_19_0.dll,DllCommand ui

At the moment it's the best that I've been able to come up with, short of rolling back to the previous version of Shockwave.

It's better to simply either try my setting in an unattended CD environment or to just uninstall the yahoo toolbar from within windows yourself. I did try manually removing the Yahoo files from the Shockwave installer, but predictably, that just caused the whole install routine to fail.

The only other option open to you is to go back to the previous version of Shockwave, in this case version 10.0.0.210. The only place I was able to get it was on a file sharing network.

kinda bit an OT question... what is the difference with Shockwave Player and Flash Player? Do I need both of them?

Also, a followup: I dunno if its just my setup but whenever I click on Audibles, my YM6 keeps on popping a message that I first need to upgrade to the latest version of Flash, and when I clicked on Yes to the dialog, it goes to the macromedia site. The problem is that after Flash Player installed, the same is being asked whenever I click on Audibles. Any workaround for this? Thanks.

post-80-1088857124_thumb.png

The following may be different for others; I have a peculiar configuration.

Here are some issues with the silent install of the latest version.

- The uninstall does not work (for me) if installed using /s

- Yahoo uninstall is broken, does not uninstall all components

- Yahoo installs some files in %ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn[n] where [n] is either nothing (for the first time install) or 0, I have not tested to see if it increments n+1 for each install. I will assumed it does. Thus making the possibility of a uniform complete uninstallation of the product from the command line.

Update: I think the uninstall issue only affects me because I uninstalled using the manual method below and then installed without /s and it still wouldn't uninstall. Unless the installer -is- broken, I am almost certain this applies to me only due to my strange configuration.

In summary, do not use the latest shockwave unless there is a security issue with the previous version. If there is, then run AutoIt on a normal installation of the most recent and uncheck yahoo companion, or something...

Otherwise, grab the previous version from James' reply and use the /s switch.

Note: If your uninstall is broken like mine, then use the uninstall program left behind by the installer.

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\GLB1A2B.EXE

You can get this file from your temp directory upon completion of the installation of the older version with /s option.

Note: this file copies itself as GLB1A2B.EXE if I rename it to something else. Odd behavior...

After you run it, use the following install.log when it prompts you for it.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Shockwave 10\Install.log

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...