Voice Coming from speakers..

Rach

I'm not mad, honestly xD Right..

I keep hearing a voice from my speakers, I just heard it fully and now know what it is saying:

'Your Friends are with you Areko'

It sounded foreign and it was a mans voice, I am getting pretty freaked out as I thought it was mobile phone signals, then noticed it was the same thing each time, I havn't downloaded/installed anything, does anyone know what it is? :)

Well, that is a weird problem. I thought I've heard it all.

I don't know what to suggest other than checking your system sounds and possibly a google search. In your search try alternate spellings of 'Areko'.

Try searching your computer for wav/mp3 files to see if that turns up anything strange.

A Spyware/virus scan might turn up something although I've never ran across one that would explain this.

No Spyware/Virus found, Areko dosent seem to make any sense in google, I spelt it as it was heard so it might not be correct, wav and mp3 search didn't find anything either, and no, no popups..

Do you have a TV-Tuner card in that computer? Narrow it down but shutting down all 'extra' programs and processes and see if you still hear it. If you do, it sounds like ( no pun intended ) it may your wires are picking up other sound interference, unless you keep hearing the same thing all the time.

But try the process thing first, just shut down all unnecessary processes and see if it goes away.

-Ryan

Crescit Eundo / It grows as it goes

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is gonna sound odd but do you have AIM running? or dead Aim, or any of the other downsized aims? cus if you do aol has these terrible little video and voice ads that run in the buddy list. And they cant be disabled by the downsized aim knock offs.....Its just my guess thats whats causing this for you. I spent a month trying to figure it out.

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

I have also just run into this issue. It randomly said something I couldn't make out and to make it even better the speakers were off it sounded like the speaker in the case. Its very odd haven't pinpointed it. AIM was closed. My roomates,friends, and I just all turned and looked at each other like what..huh...what did you say?

(Edit) Wow, I must have the lowest post count ever for the amount of time I have been a member. lol.