ERROR MESSAGE (Installshield0

SMELVIN

Hi By the time i've got my unattented CD done I'l be a administrator LOL...

I'm trying to install homesite 5.5 first thing if i use the set up file as is for home site5.5 that macromedia give you no switches work to install it silently then if you exract homesite5.5 it start to install silently...

this is my code?

ECHO Installing HomeSite 5.5

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Macromedia\Homesite5.5\setup.exe -S NOREBOOT /f

taskkill /F /im IEXPLORE.EXE /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq Welcome*"

it then thows a error message as follows:-

The InstallShield Engine (I kernal.exe0 could not be installed

IKernal.exe could not be copied to 'C|Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Engine\6\Intel 32'

Make Sure that you have appropriate privileges to copyfiles to this folder.(0x20)

if any body knows the answer to this please let me know I think the problem has something to do with BRADBURY topstyle 3 which is built in homesite to install after

homesite has? I may be wrong.

the InstallShield engine (ikernel) must remove files in temp that were used to install your app. ikernel isn't quiting fast enough and file remnants are in your temp folder. This is an Installshield v6 issue.

1st try to install the ikernel update as the very first item in your unattended

if that doesn't work write a few more batch lines to delete everything in temp and kill ikernel.

If the version differs, all IS engine updates for end users can be found here.

Also know that MS hotfix q329623 fixes issues relating to your problem caused by hotfix Q328310.

the InstallShield engine (ikernel) must remove files in temp that were used to install your app. ikernel isn't quiting fast enough and file remnants are in your temp folder. This is an Installshield v6 issue.

if that doesn't work write a few more batch lines to delete everything in temp and kill ikernel.

Also know that MS hotfix q329623 fixes issues relating to your problem caused by hotfix Q328310.

CHEERS FOR THAT SORTED FIRST TIME SAVES ME A FEW MORE BRAIN CELLS :rolleyes::)