Universal guide to solve most of the problems

my2001

FYI - I was at the OEM System Builders Roadshow last week, and they did confirm 21 July is the scheduled RTM date.

ehhhhh...........

well, yes, that was about XP's SP2 release - and we all know about it.

I can't see where this post fits in in this thread - maybe you have posted this in the wrong thread?

I agree!

Admin(s), is it possible to obligate new members to read this?

i don't think so...

however as per the agreement when joining, you were supposed to have read the rules....

and any subrules that are on a perforum basis.

I agree!

Admin(s), is it possible to obligate new members to read this?

i don't think so...

however as per the agreement when joining, you were supposed to have read the rules....

and any subrules that are on a perforum basis.

Naa! Please don't make this mandatory for every new user. :) They're not gonna read it like they don't read the forum rules carefully when joining. :rolleyes:

I suppose it's better to link to this thread with some short words whenever there might be some need to do so. :D

Mwahahaha I'll say it goes the same for noobs with trigger happy finger clicking their way thru installation and they dont bother reading lengthy agreement, and the reasons a.) it's bloody boring and mind numbing b.) too lazy and they're in hurry c.) or they're too stupid to read and they need a lawyer to help them to understand the term of agreement.

• 1 month later...

Mhh, thank the admins for making this sticky. I feel honoured someway. :rolleyes: I just wrote the posting in a moment with some frustration, I'm pretty sure you know which kind of frustration I mean. :)

May this thread help a little bit to diminish those feelings ... for all of us. :D

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at all the steps, spent hours on the net looking and can't find what's the trouble. After successfull unattended installation of windows XP pro, on the first run and during my application installation, but even on the second run, XP keeps finding new hardware and installing drivers for them, great, but it keeps asking me about ignoring the driver signing policy. Don't tell me to add DriverSigning=Ignore or something like that, it's done, done too for the non-driver signing policy, but even then it stills warns me. I looked in the registry and the values are correctly set for Ignore... So what's XP's thing about warning me then? And how do I disable that! I don't want to click "continue" for nothing if it can install silently ;)

Thanks for any help