XP on SATA

GByte

Kinda irritated here. I work as a tech, and I still haven't succesfully installed XP onto my Raptor. I guess it's a matter of the right driver. I went through the disk that came with the MOBO [Gigabyte K8VNXP]. I have oboard SATA disabled. Maybe this is also a driver issue? I am at a loss...

Kinda irritated here.  I work as a tech, and I still haven't succesfully installed XP onto my Raptor. I guess it's a matter

Don't feel bad...:) It happens to all of us, we possibliy CAN'T KNOW EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME. That's one of the downside to our industry. Always changing. To be honest w/ you. I never personally install a SATA drive yet. I can't wait to get my hands on one and go through the experience. At work recently I help build a server that had 8 SATA drive in it, but it as all Red hat corp install, not xp. I put the hardware together that's all.

Thanks :) That's awesome though. I should try starting a RH install to see if it is the drive or simply XP. I'm inclined to say XP, but who knows. The drive does function seperately when booting of my old HD.

Today is your lucky day Gbyte...as i know everyting!

Hehe kidding kidding

:)

But seriously heres your fix

Download these drivers:

driver_raid_via_8237.exe

Extract that download to a floder on your desktp called "Drivers"

Then from there search through the directory and you will find a sub dir called "DriverDisk"

Open that up and extract all of the files to a floppy drive.

From there go about you Xp install as normal.

When it boots from cd you will have the opertunity to install 3rd party drivers by pressing F6. Do this wait a min and when asked, pop in the floppy we made perviously.

Hit enter select the Xp drivers and proceed with the remaining on screen instructions

Good Luck

|Drew|