Win Xp , to Me

wave

Is there any way of changing , OS ?

I have instaled Win xp , under Win Me , but i don´t put the boot choise ...

so .. is any way os going back to win me , without unistaling win Xp !? :rolleyes:

Thx [][][][][] :)

WinXP is supposed to put in the boot menu automatically if you started the setup from WindowsME. I don't know what you did wrong though... you did create seperate partitions for each OS to be installed in didn't you?

I don´t create seperate patitions .  

and doesn´t apear boot menu .

:mellow:

Well in that case, ur screwed..u must create seperate partitions and install Me first then Xp on the second.

Xp will add Me 2 the boot.ini and on start up you will be given the option of choosing between the 2 Oses

-Drew

Since you didn't create a partition for Windows XP, its installed all its files in the WinME directory, and obviously made quite a mess of it... hence the boot menu was not created, and could be difficult to make one as well.

This is because a bootmenu instructs what partition to load up and since you have both OSs in one single partition it cannot really tell what to load, and insteads loads XP as its the last OS you installed.

I'm afraid you may have to start over again, but there could be a solution somewhere on http://support.microsoft.com

i do this all the time just install winme

go ahead

in antoher folder if thats even what u did

i've done this before like 10 times and it worked fine

installed me and then wanted to go to xp so i installed it to a new directroy

um well that deleted winme for boot menu so then i restart my computer with the winme boot disk and reinstall me off of it

now i can run winme and winxp

:)

cya,

will

Well I know what I'm doing. Been like that for about 3 months now. Everything is great. No problems what so ever since then. Except one **** Blue Screen with winxp but thats about it.

up to you

i dont f*ck with partions

last time i did i had to get a new a drive, a new hard drive, new mother board, and a new modem

dont ask - not sure what happened there - computer was dead for a month

and a tech guy had to come out and do it all and had to reload the bios and everything

took f*ck*ng forever - had to prove to them it was really broke

:)

well I guess I got do unistall the Xp ... just because a f*ck*ng game ( Fallout I ) :)

But if I unistall Xp all my stuff LL be in tha same place ?

my network ? ...

well now my problem is that , i can´t unistall Xp ... so I instal Xp in another particion , I need to format the other Xp ( the firts one ) so ... I need the file The Boot question file ... here i get it ?! Plz

well using a Win98 or me boot disk you can boot to dos, then once in dos type fdisk and you will be given the abilty to make another partition...From there boot from your WinXp cd and the installer will give you the option to erace or format a particular drive, do so and reinstallxp over it....If your going to be installing WinMe u have to install me first on the C partion and then Xp on the d partition, well that is if your running Xp on the ntfs file system...

Goodluck

-Drew