Iopus downloader & proxy

japo

My understanding is the iOpus uses the IE engine. In that case, I would think that setting the proxy in IE should be sufficient. That is, however, mere speculation ... Debugging the downloader is not in the planning for the near future. Let us know if you find a solution.

GreenMachine is right: IOpus Downloader uses the internet settings configured in the system (Internet Explorer).

I myself only have access to the internet via proxy and I did not experience any download problems using XPCreate (with the IOpus Downloader).

Re-check your settings in Internet Explorer -> Internet Settings -> Connection Settings to reflect the correct entries provided by your proxy admin.

IE setting i have o.k.

others progs havent any problem downloading from internet...

maybe is problem with FIREWALL...

ahhh... YES....

i must typing login and password when i go to internet

( when i testing WGET i make some changes in wget config files

(proxy, login, pass)

but iopus havent config file or needed switches..... :):rolleyes:

for GREENMACHINE:

is possiblle to break patch downloading and continue making ISO file ???

in this moment when i break not working download process XPCREATE exits.

??????

thanks

japo

for GREENMACHINE:

is possiblle to break patch downloading and continue making ISO file ???

in this moment when i break not working download process XPCREATE exits.

I understand how this could be useful in your situation, but consider that it is better for XPCreate to exit instead of continue after errors, because if there are corrupted/partial downloads,

- GM doesn't have to try to debug a problem when someone forgets to tell him "oh yeah I downloaded a lot of partial files"

- The user doesn't get an opportunity to try to create a possibly broken CD

for those two reasons alone, it is a bad idea to continue :) Otherwise, GM would have to actually go through and say "OK its safe to continue after an error in this part of the code, so set a variable here to allow it, but at this point in the program it is critical that there are no errors, so set a negative variable here..." etc. It's a lot of extra work on his part with very small benefit and an even smaller percentage of users that would benefit from it. So it's probably not very likely :rolleyes:

My suggestion in your case then is to manually download the patches you need (or with a successful automatic download), and then disable auto-downloading after that.

On the money, Virindi. With download errors, I continue downloading from the list till the end, and then error out. Writing that code, I was seeking to reduce my debug time to a minimum. Then, I only debug my own error traps, and not a BSOD that really doesn't interest me. As for iOpus itself, it really is only an added bonus. Programing a file download is neither innovative, nor interesting. I spent very little time coding it, and will not spend much time debugging it.

Like some German site said about XPCREATE, and I quote ... "Freeware"

@GM

In the next release, maybe can you replace the download -download in XPCreate code with a variable and set the variable in XPCreate.ini

If someone want to use GNU wget (or another console downloader), replace iOpus download.exe with wget.exe in the xpcreate folder, set the syntax for downoading files in XPCreate.ini (replace the default download -download with wget -c. The downloader should have the same default syntax URL FILENAME for source and target.

Because i have problems to download big files like SPs or WMP, it would be interesting to use the new flashget (adware free to use or shareware) Support command line :(flashget.exe [save directory]) [save directory] is optional

Multithreads download for faster downloads and no errors.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in this exact same boat. I require a username and password to get to the internet. Right now im forced to work on my CD at home where i dont have a proxyserver. A way to allow for username/password would be extremly helpfull.

Reluctantly ... I will look into something next time I go over the download code ... (God knows when that'll be ... !)

I get it ... for now it works for 95% of the folks. I will look into when I touch that code again.

Hello

I have the same problems in iOpus downloader , some times the iOpus download.exe stops downloading so i have to restart xpcreate.cmd again or download the file manuly. :)

• 1 month later...

Still nothing in the works to replace iOpus with a more suitable program, but the next major update WILL address this. I'll probably go to a true command line utility, as suggested by Jjazz and Bilou_Gateux.

To be continued ...