Multi Bootable DVD

jeet

I am having problem with my Multi Bootable DVD.

Like if I install any OS say Windows XP Sp1 Pro, and after installing this now when i try to install windows 2003 server from windows mode, after rebooting and instailizing all the dos drivers now when i choose to install it, ir gives an error

"Setup cannot acess the cd conatining the Windows installion files."

though the dvd is in the dvd rom. If i try to install any os from dos mode then it works fine.

so please anyone help me.

thanks

jeet

I've been using a multi-boot CD since months now, and it hasn't given any problems if installing any of the OSes after boot-up from CD. But running the setup from within windows or from DOS was a facility I deliberately eliminated - so I had no problems on that count. That also meant that upgrades were deliberately ruled-out.

But I'm pretty sure what you are facing is because of a mismatch between the txtsetup.sif in your Boot folder and your corresponding I386 folder.

if you follow Flyakite's guide, it prolly tells you to delete the txtsetup.sif's around the place.

But to do an upgrade, you must leave them in the i386 folder and modify its SourcePath accordingly. Thats the main reason upgrades inside Windows don't work.

..............someone said that an Upgrade wasn't possible using a multiboot. SetupSource should be set to the path on the CD of your files. The guide i believe tells you to delete it. It doesn't interfere as the txtsetup.sif that it reads is actually the one in the PRO4 folder (whatever its called). But when winnt32 is called to begin an installation it looks in the local directory. You could ALSO follow that link i posted in the thread with switches for winnt32.exe. One of them is to select the source, and so an upgrade should be possible.

Best thing might be to simply boot into your CD, and continue the process from there - that won't give any problems, I'm sure.