Problem with WINNT32 creating boot ini

JakeY

G'day all

Just making my multiboot dvd , but have struck a problem of which i'm sure has happened here before . Had a look around for a few answers but to no avail.

As I have XP with SP1 and SP2 rc2 , when I go to try and execute winnt32. from my local XPCD directory on my hdd to copy installation files it tells me I am running a newer version of Windows and bails out on me .

How am I able to get the 2 folders I am looking for ( $WIN_NT$.~BT and $WIN_NT$.~LS ) to continue making my dvd ?

Any help appreciaited

Cheers

Jake

Either use another PC with an older OS, or alternatively - install VMWare or MS Virtual PC an install there. You may need plugins for bith programs to be able to copy files form the virtual to the physical PC, though.

ArmyDoc

My website shows how to do that. All you need to do is rename a file in the system32 folder to get it to work. My 'reduce source' thread mentions the file to rename.

-gosh

My website shows how to do that.  All you need to do is rename a file in the system32 folder to get it to work.  My 'reduce source' thread mentions the file to rename.

-gosh

Note2: If you don't feel like download the appcompat toolkit, simly rename windows\system32\ahui.exe to something else. When done, rename the file back.

you mean that?!?