bit tornado silent install?

shapeless

If you don't find a silent switch,

Install the app and copy it over to "$OEM$\$Progs\" to have it in your "C:\Program Files" directory after a re-install. Or make an SFX archive (winrar/winace) to silently extract itself to the %programfiles% path.

And then do this to copy the link to the right place:

copy %systemdrive%\install\myappshortcut.lnk "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs"

@ MCT

Hey, go easy on the search dude.......

This must be the 3 thread you've told the poster to "Search" - while the lesson isn't bad, the way of telling it (in a frustrated manner) is !!!!

While it's true that new ppl here seem to forget the Search function, its also possible that they genuinely don't know how to get at what they want.

BTW, shapeless here has asked for a switch for the "BitTornado" client not the official "BitTorrent" client.

@ MCT

This must be the 3 thread you've told the poster to "Search" - while the lesson isn't bad, the way of telling it (in a frustrated manner) is !!!!

While it's true that new ppl here seem to forget the Search function, its also possible that they genuinely don't know how to get at what they want.

BTW, shapeless here has asked for a switch for the "BitTornado" client not the official "BitTorrent" client.

Totally agree prathapml! Last I knew, MSFN was all about helping each other! Signs of frustration in replies totally uncalled for. If no "constructive help" is forthcoming, apart from "use search", better to remain silent!

My 2 cents.... :)

Ohhh I forgot.....hehehehe

@shapeless

Dude, I am sure prathapml's suggestion above will work out for you, If not, go to the BitTornado website and send "theshadow" a mail with your question. He is a real nice and friendly guy! He'll point you in the right direction, if he can!

Otherwise, if I catch him online, I'll ask and pass on what he says to you!

@ MCT

I didnt mean it in frustration, i meant it as helpful encouragement

if i said anything 2 upset/offend u, im sorry :)

EDIT: arent they (bittorrent & tornado) made by same ppl?

regards

@ MCT

sorry if I seemed too harsh. Nor did I mean to call anyone a "meanie" :tongue:

But all said and done, the blindness of new-comers towards the utility of Search, is, I must admit, downright irritating.

Well now, let's get back to our track - making MSFN a fun place to be in. It sure is nice to see helpful members like MCT and shareef59.

arent they (bittorrent & tornado) made by same ppl?
While the base protocol behind the two is the same, the two apps are made by different people.

• 6 months later...
Hmm...  How about an msi?  ;)

This is a modified version of BitTornado.  I changed the icons of the exe, and the icons of the torrent files, add/remove icon, etc.  In short, it looks better than the original.

BitTornado 0.39a.msi

Download here:  http://tinyurl.com/3wtkd

what version is this built from?

seems that there are:

- BitTornado T-0.3.9b source package update

- BitTornado T-0.3.9a package update

- BitTornado T-0.3.9

which did you use?

also, more speicifically, what exactly did you change/modify?

seems that there are:

- BitTornado T-0.3.9

I build this a few weeks ago, and I use the latest stable build. That is 0.39a. :)

Icons only. :lol:

14vu.jpg

37rv.jpg

seems that there are:

- BitTornado T-0.3.9

I build this a few weeks ago, and I use the latest stable build. That is 0.39a. :)

Icons only. :lol:

14vu.jpg

37rv.jpg

just those two?

i noticed the minimized icons (in the system tray) changed to dark grey, and green when finished. did you do that, or was that just the latest release update?

(i used 0.3.8 until yours)