Stil try to connect to my FTP, help me!

NikNt

I set up Anonymous account on BPFTP as all people do. But no one able to connect to my FTP.

That's my login:

Logging to file c:program filesg6 ftp serverftp.log.

Logging to screen : enabled.

02/10/2001 02:28:42 - FTP Server On-line : IP(s) 192.168.0.1,213.123.145.188, on port 25

You see there is double numbers this: 192.168.0.1 and this: 213.123.145.188. The second is IP address but what is the first one?!!!

Alex

I think it's dynamic, it change everytime I connect. I will connect tomorrow on MSN to talk about it. We just try with [b:536d610d39]cjhenry[/b:536d610d39] doesn't work with me the same settings as he set. Very strange!

So see you soon...

You do have a dynamic IP and it may pose problems for you...make sure you have settings as shown in attachment below. To be honest with you, nobody was able to connect to me for a long time and then Chris connected to me the other day but the connection speed was very slow. Don't know why it didn't allow me to connect and then it decided to let me...I didn't change a thing. Could be something to do with the dynamic IP???

Rick

the ip shouldnt affect it, it just means that you would have to give out the ip each time someone wanst to connect, id suggest to solve that you get a dns acount ht*p://dnstogo.com so that you can just give folks an address instead! as you have two IP numbers, it sugests to me you are on a network or behind a router, refer to amb's suggestions if thats the case.

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php...10&pagenumber=2

What is DSL router exactly?

Also I solved the problem. Very unprofessional, but it was firewall of my ADSL connection. I unchecked it and everything is working now. Tell me please what is DSL router anyways!!!

BAH are you realy on 2GHz?

NikNT...take some time to look up networking tutorials on google.com and learn a little about them. It is vital that you have knowledge of things such as what a router is in order for you to have success in this forum and others.

Rick:angel

NickNT,

I use one on my cable connection and they work on dsl, look Here

It basicly lets you share your dsl connection as my setup shows,it also has a built in firewall..

I paid about £120 in the UK

Regards,

BAH

and yes 2Ghz I have a friend at Intel who gets me stuff