office2003 w/sp3

sykocus

I'm trying to silpstream sp3 for office using the how-to guide (http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/officexp_advanced.htm).

I downloaded the sp3 update and another post sp3 update from the MS website. extracting them i got 5 files, 3 of them were .msp's. i put all the files in c:\OXPupdates and made a OfficeXP_Slipstreamer.cmd that looks like this.

TITLE Office XP Slipstreamer brought to you by www.MSFN.org
CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
ECHO Starting the Slipstreaming process of Office XP Updates
ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Office XP Service Pack 3
ECHO Please wait...
msiexec /p MAINSP3ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p OWC10SP3ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p VSDEBUGff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\OfficeXp\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

ECHO.
ECHO Slipstreaming Completed!
pause
EXIT

but an error message comes up saying "The installtion package could not be opened. Verify the package exist and you can access it, or contact the application vendor..."

i found a thread where someone else had the same problem, but he said it was due to a spelling error.

If you do decide it is OfficeXP, (Office 2002), whihch I suspect it is, I performed the below and it worked perfectly fine

Browse to directory where the file is saved and run

"E:\Stuff\OriginalCD\OfficeXP_Updates\OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe /C /T:E:\Stuff\OriginalCD\OfficeXP_Updates"

<Change E:\Stuff\OriginalCD\OfficeXP_Updates\ as required to your drive and folder>

This will extract the files into that specific directory.

Then modify the file

"ohotfix.ini"

with the following chnages ONLY

; IsNormalUpdate=1 => default setting

IsNormalUpdate=0

; AdminPath= => Deafault Setting

AdminPath=E:\MSOfficeXP\PROPLUS.MSI

<This again applies to your personal settings, and indicates where Office is stored>

; UpgradeMsi=1 => Default Setting

UpgradeMsi=0

then run

"E:\Stuff\OriginalCD\OfficeXP_Updates\ohotfix.exe"

Hope that helps a bit, and is probably also noted on the unattended site...........which has this pefectly readable step by step guide

well, i fell pretty stupid, but somehow got on to the officexp advaned install guide instead of the office2003 guide.

works better when not applying OfficeXP fixes to Office2003

oh and oioldman editing the .inf isn't mentioned in the pefectly readable step by step guide on the unattended page (the link in my original post). thanks though.

OWC10SP3ff.msp is a patch for the Office Web Components if I remember correctly, which means you need to patch the original OWC MSI not the proplus.msi.

Check to make sure the updates actually apply to the verison you are using.