Permanently setting the Size of 2 rows.

premier69

Have you ever noticed that whenever you try having 2 rows it resets itself?

after a reboot, or some change in desktop resolution for example.

Ive' tried Lock position, I've tried something in the registry (can't remember was a long time ago) and that didn't help.

this is how it shoud be:

start1.jpg

but always turns back to:

start2.jpg

now, I never had this problem in either windows ME or Windows 2000.

I remember that used to happen when I used StyleXP to set themes on my PC. Whenever it restarted, the theme was reset to the classic (the one you apparently use) and the task bar was reset to one row. I know it's horribly annoying, and myself, I use three rows. After a reinstall, I stopped using StyleXP and just used a modified ux_theme.dll (or whatever it was called) and set the themes using .theme files and .msstyle files.

I don't know if you use StyleXP or not, so it might not be the problem, but it could be.. as I've had the same problem when using it.

I remember that used to happen when I used StyleXP to set themes on my PC. Whenever it restarted, the theme was reset to the classic (the one you apparently use) and the task bar was reset to one row. I know it's horribly annoying, and myself, I use three rows. After a reinstall, I stopped using StyleXP and just used a modified ux_theme.dll (or whatever it was called) and set the themes using .theme files and .msstyle files.

I don't know if you use StyleXP or not, so it might not be the problem, but it could be.. as I've had the same problem when using it.

no im not using any styles, just the regular windows classic theme

After you resize the taskbar, you have to lock it. Right click taskbar, check 'Lock the Taskbar'. Otherwise it will resize itself.

that does not help, i've even locked it in regedit....

im telling you, if you know of any way, please tell me

You don't happen to use some weird program that might be doing it? Like that clock-thing that appears to be covering the real clock.. or something else? I'm not saying that I'm not using weird programs, but there are some that might mess up stuff like what you've described.. if I were you, I'd go through your installed programs, and think through what their purpose is, and if they might be doing something like that.