Winntbbu.dll

I've tried to modify the winntbbu.dll myself (and I've even tried pre-hacked copies) but no matter what version of WinXP I put them in when I burn the ISO it gets as far as "Inspecting Computer Hardware" (before the "Press F6 to install third party SCSI) on a fresh install.

I used Legit WinXP Gold, WinXP SP1 SS, and WinXP SP1 and none of them boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if people want, they can send me there pre-hacked copies of winntbbu.dll (and a screen shot) and I can host them for you. I've noticed most of the sites people are linking to don't seem to work.

I do leave the winntbbu.dll untouched, I only put the winntbbu.dl_ into the ISO. I've also followed http://unattend.msfn.org to do everything. I'm starting to think that it's the "ISO Image" creater that is from M$. I found all my blank CDs so I'm going to try a few new ideas and burn a couple copies to try.

Does anyone know if there's a version check for the file? It might just be my copy of VMWare that's messing it up.

Thanks

I don't know if this would help but u need to put the dl_ and dll versions

1 for dos 1 for win

it might be crosschecking well after all its definitely extracting dl_ to dll

maybe then gets confused?

anyways did u alter anything else? cause if it gets stuck at press f6 screen it's probably something else....

@XtremeMaC

The .dl_ thing works, you get no version conflict. But you are right: The .dl_ works only for the installation from boot, for a installation under a already installed windows it won't work.

I do leave the winntbbu.dll untouched, I only put the winntbbu.dl_ into the ISO.  I've also followed http://unattend.msfn.org to do everything.  I'm starting to think that it's the "ISO Image" creater that is from M$.  I found all my blank CDs so I'm going to try a few new ideas and burn a couple copies to try.

Does anyone know if there's a version check for the file?  It might just be my copy of VMWare that's messing it up.

Thanks

it's NOT the ISO Image creator. It's tried and tested.

Also, as for setup stopping there, it could be setup doesn't have the neccesary drive for you system. It is NOT winntbbu.dll at that stage. The only time it's even access is during the file copy and you're not there yet. So it's not winntbbu.dll. You're messing up the files somewhere.

It's not even making it to the "Press F6" screen it dies on the black screen before that. As far as editing other files, I haven't... I mean I made the $OEM$ Folders and added crap that way, but I haven't edited any of the original XP Files except the bbu file (and I tried once with an edited uxtheme file, but took it out)

I think my original ISOs are crap. I'm doing fresh installs inside VMWare.

I'm pretty sure I figured out my problem. I was using the boot image including with the "ISO Create" but when I was burning I was setting the sector thing to the specs of a different boot image.

Silly me... guess Insomnia (and being awake 57 hours) tends to allow some screw ups.

Thanks for all the help.