America's Army: Operations RECON

Snoop

Title: America's Army: Operations RECON

Author: U.S. Army

Description: America's Army: Operations is this summer's most highly-anticipated gaming title. Created and designed by the United States Army, this adrenaline-packed multiplayer game is in a class all its own in terms of its realistic game play and military detail. This "Recon" version is a full virtual gaming experience, built upon Unreal's next generation gaming engine. This is not a scaled-down version or demo; 'Recon' is a full version game, including both single and multiplayer scenarios. Ranging from the challenges of Basic Training to performing combat missions on a variety of battlefields, the AA:O Recon will not disappoint! What's your major malfunction, soldier? Download this game!

Size: 201.9 MB

http://www.americasarmy.com/

large03.jpg

You sure this is not a demo? They can't be giving a full game away for free can they?

Also, on the website it says: This is a temporary low bandwidth version of our website until after the launch.

So it sounds like a game still currently in development to me.

yeah it was in the paper the other day, the server got so much traffic it collapsed lol

ill download it later, have you got it already EL1TE?

there was something posted about it in news section a while ago by piaqt i think...

Scource - NVIDIA.COM

We’ve all seen the games that you can play for free – they’re often Java-based throwbacks to the 80’s arcades, combining lackluster graphics with minimal gameplay. Well, no more. Check out these titles on the way from the U.S. Army.

The first game, America’s Army: Soldiers, gives gamers a chance to role-play the Army experience, from signing up at the recruiter to handling basic training to taking their first tour of duty. Players choose the attributes, career path, and goals for their character and apply six different resources to reach each goal (health, strength, knowledge, skills, finances, and popularity).

But the game that has shooter fans signing up is America’s Army: Operations. Using a next-generation Unreal engine, this ultra-realistic first-person shooter will contain 20 single- and multiplayer missions with 140 dedicated servers hosted by HomeLAN.

The game’s realism was evident during a demonstration at E3 – if you’re too close to a grenade going off, your ears will ring. And flash grenades white out your screen, making you useless for 20 seconds. Aiming a sniper rifle is affected by your breathing – and it’s much more accurate if you take the shot from a crouched or prone position or take the time to set up your tripod.

Optimized for GeForce2 graphics, weapon effects – from real Army weapons such as the M16A2 assault rifle and M24 sniper rifle – offer another layer of realism. Tracers zip by as machine gun fire barely misses, shell casings ping off the ground around you as you return fire, wood splinters and glass shards rain from the wall behind as bullets tear out chunks – this isn’t like any “free” game you’ve seen before.

Multiplayer missions support up to 32 players involved in assignment tours, but before gamers can play online, they’ll have to complete the appropriate training. Teamwork is emphasized, especially through communication – via speech, radio messages, or actual military hand and arm signals.

Gamers will also be subject to the Rules of Engagement for online combat. Any major violations – such as injuring or killing a teammate – could result in being sent to virtual prison. And just as in the Army’s real force-on-force training practices, players always perceive that they are fighting as members of the Army – the opposing force appears to be in enemy uniforms with appropriate weapons.

Soldiers and Operations can be played interdependently, with experiences in one reflected in the other. We sat down and spoke with Dr. Michael Capps, the executive producer of the Army Game Project, about both games and what’s in store for gamers.

I had it the first day it came out, but to be completely honest I'm too paranoid to install it...

call me crazy, but a software by the govt is just a bit scary...

checking online habbits..checking software installed.. grr...what do i know.. I'll wait a while to install it....

the screenshots look AWESOME!!... oh well..

yea ive got it.

i have only played it for 10mins.

you have to compelete the single player training levels b4 you can play online. i think there are only a few online levels at the moment but they will be releasing more over the next few months ive been told.

I had it the first day it came out, but to be completely honest I'm too paranoid to install it...

call me crazy, but a software by the govt is just a bit scary...

checking online habbits..checking software installed.. grr...what do i know.. I'll wait a while to install it....

the screenshots look AWESOME!!...  oh well..

My thoughts exactly!!! This is probly how they are going to instate the "green lantern" trogen they have been working on!!

**** government!!

:rolleyes::)

-Drew

Hmmmm, hope they dont do that over here in the UK, lol. I dont think people will join the army through this though, just a free game really.

I know in Germany and France there doning something similar to this... Things that desperate?! lol.

I wont be wasting my precious bandwidth on this...