oemdisk.c error 18

Hi all,

During the txtmode installation i get an error message about an unattended error (18) at the line 1742 from oemdisk.c !!!! :)

It was caused by the txtsetup.oem file.

[Disks]
disk1 = "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Driver Installation Disk",\Si3112r.sys,\

[Defaults]
SCSI = Si3112r

[SCSI]                 ; HwComponent section
Si3112r = "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Controller"

[Files.SCSI.Si3112r]
driver = disk1,si3112r.sys, Si3112r
inf = disk1,Si3112r.inf
;;catalog = disk1, Si3112r.cat

[HardwareIds.SCSI.Si3112r]
id = "PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3112&SUBSYS_61121095", "Si3112r"

[Config.Si3112r]
value = ProblemDevices, "", REG_SZ, ""
value = ProblemDevices, "Maxtor 4D060H3                          DAK05GK0", REG_SZ, "MaxMode = UDMA-5"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST320012AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST330013AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST340017AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST360015AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST380023AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"
value = ProblemDevices, "ST3120023AS", REG_SZ, "Mod15Write"

Has someone an ideas ? :rolleyes:

Thx

Jj

Yes, I think I know why!

It looks like you're trying to use SATA drivers from the CD or floppy without slipstreaming...correct? If you have OEMPreinstall=Y (or is it 1, I can't remember) in winnt.sif you will always get this error. The solution is to either slipstream the drivers onto the CD or set OEMPreinstall=N.

Here's how to slipstream the drivers:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=13173

Thx raskren,

you are right, OEMpreinstall is set to Yes and i was trying to precharge an oem driver via winnt.sif .

your explanations about slipstream are really helpful.

At first glance, txtmode method seems to be definitly broken :)

@+

Jj

• 3 months later...

I did find this while looking over the OEM Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Reference, not sure how much help it will be in future attempts, but here's what it says: ****NOTE THE IMPORTANT SECTION****

[OEMBootFiles]
Answer File = Unattend.txt

The [OEMBootFiles] section contains entries for specifying OEM-supplied boot files. This entry is valid only if you set OemPreinstall to Yes and you place the files listed here in the \$OEM$\Textmode folder of the OEM’s distribution share point.

This section is required if you use the ComputerType entry in either the [Unattended] or [MassStorageDrivers] sections of Unattend.txt.

Important

Add driver entries only to the [MassStorageDrivers] and [OEMBootFiles] sections for bootable mass-storage devices. Do not include secondary mass-storage devices. Instead, add the drivers for secondary mass-storage devices to the folder specified by the OemPnPDriversPath entry in your unattended Setup answer file. Including drivers for non-bootable mass-storage devices in the [MassStorageDrivers] or [OEMBootFiles] sections causes an error during Setup.
HAL_file_name
Maps to a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) description in the ComputerType entry of the [Unattended] section of the Unattend.txt file.

SCSI_driver_file_name
Maps to a mass-storage device driver description defined in the [MassStorageDrivers] section of the Unattend.txt file. You can list multiple instances of SCSI_driver_file_name in the [OEMBootFiles] section.

TxtSetup.oem
This file contains descriptions of all the OEM-supplied drivers listed in this section and includes instructions on how to install them. This file must exist if the Unattend.txt file contains an [OEMBootFiles] section.

If your mass-storage device is a Plug and Play device, verify that a Hardware Identification section and a reference to the catalog file for the driver (<Driver>.cat) exist in the Txtsetup.oem file.

If the Hardware Identification section does not exist, you must add [HardwareIds.scsi.yyyyy] to the Txtsetup.oem file and verify that the following information is included:

id = xxxxx, yyyyy

where xxxxx represents the device ID, and yyyyy represents the service associated with the device.

For more information about Txtsetup.oem, see the Microsoft Driver Development Kit (DDK), which you can order from the Microsoft DDK Web site (http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/). You can also read the DDK documentation in the MSDN Library (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/): Select Windows Development, then Driver Development Kit.

Topic was named - "Today is not my day!"

*sigh*

Please see the forum's rules

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

A few good examples:

- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist

- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)

- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default

There's more literature too (if needed), on using appropriate titles - http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questi...html#bespecific

*topic re-named