also having weird problems with nvidia drivers

alyn84uk

Hi, i have been giving this unnattended driver install a shot for some time now and finally got it to work!!!

my wireless netgear card, sound, modem and my nvidia drivers installed with no problems. stright into 1280x960 32bit colour!

now came to do a fresh install on my system, it needed it, this is why i decided to create an unnattended cd. to help me thorugh the process like.

installed windows! but my Nvidia drivers did not install this time, it was in 640x480 and like 6 bit colour!!! weird huh?? and nothing has been changed on the cd because its on a cd-r!

yes i have read the other threads in this forum about this, and heard somewhere that somebody noticed that the monitor drivers were not installed when the 640x480 8 bit colour problem came along.

so i proceded and made a new cd (keeping the other one of course) with drivers for my iiyama vm pro 413 integrated into the cd.

installed again but to no avail!

also may i note, when i did re-installs a while ago ( it takes me 5 or 6 installs of windows to get things running the way i want them) i have noticed that when i used to install the nvidia drivers fron the executable package, i noticed sometimes the driver would ask me to install a monitor driver! plug and play monitor (windows's own driver) but other times it wouldent!!

i think this has something to do with it!!!

thought id share my experiences with you!

regards

Al.