real & quicktime alt

does andone know the switches to allow you just to install the codecs and not media player classic?

I know about this switch

/VERYSILENT /SP-

but with me it tries to install the opera plugin.

If I remember right you used to be able to make an iss file with all your options but I can't get it to work with the newer versions.

Older version must have used install shield installers, those are the ones that use .iss files. The new ones are Inno installers, can't use .iss files on them. Anyway, only thing I know is some will let you use the /COMPONENTS= switch if you know what the comonent names are. But I really don't know how to get the list of components. Someone else may know.

For Real Alternative:

/COMPONENTS="realcodec,realdirectshow"

+ silent switches

You can find the component names by installing an Inno setup with this switch:

/SAVEINF="c:\setupinf.txt"

The Inf file contains the selected component names.

Install them using the /SAVEINF="filename" option to record an install INF file (InnoSetup equivalent to an ISS file). Then in your unattended use the /LOADINF="filename" option to install unattended.

InnoSetup switches are available here.

I have not tried the components option, but if you create an INF it has a list of components in it. The components list from my install INFs are below. I don't know if I selected everything though, so something may be missing.

QuickTime Alternative

Components=mpclassic,qtcodec,qtdirectshow,qtplugins,qtcpl

Real Alternative

Components=mpclassic,realcodec,realdirectshow

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
look in my sig

How to Install Real Alternative 1.29 and QuickTime Alternative 1.39 without Media Player Classic:

[code]REG ADD %KEY%\052 /VE /D "QuickTime Alternative 1.39" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\052 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\quicktimealt139.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS=qt,qt\codec,qt\directshow,qt\plugins,qt\browser" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\053 /VE /D "Real Alternative 1.29" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\053 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\realalt129.exe /VERYSILENT /COMPONENTS=real,real\codec,real\directshow,real\browser" /f[/code]

• 1 month later...