Full Unattended

One lil problem i got at the moment...

I was making my first unattended CD but setup first asks me where i wanna install windows ?? and it asks me which file system i want to use aswell ??

How can i make setup install default onto C:\Windows and make it use the FAT32 file system ??

Cheers

If the file system is already FAT32 then adding this "FileSystem = LeaveAlone" to the winnt.sif under the [unattended] section will default to FAT32. Nof for sure about the c: part though..it has been a while. Maybe adding "TargetPath = \WINDOWS" under the same heading will do the trick. I think that picks the biggest partiton though. Not for sure, have to get somebody esle to answer that.

Thanks for the File system one !

But i did put TargetPath=/Windows but it still asks me where i want to intsall it to ??

Just wanna no how i can just place it in C:\windows by default !

How about pasting a copy of your winnt.sif file in here for us to look at. Well, at least the data and unattended sections. Here is mine for reference.

[Data]

AutoPartition = 1

MsDosInitiated = 0

UnattendedInstall = Yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode = FullUnattended

OemSkipEula = Yes

OemPreinstall = Yes

OEMSkipWelcome = 1

TargetPath = \WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch = Yes

CrashDumpSetting = 0

DUDisable = Yes

DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore

FileSystem = LeaveAlone

Hibernation = No

Repartition = No

WaitForReboot = No

Just hit me, I think the AutoPartiton = 1 part is what chooses the most suitable partiton. But that is still really not want you are wanting. Not even sure you can tell it to install to strictly C:\ If your C:\ is the biggest partiton, at least the one with the most free space it will use it and that will fix your problem. If not, or this CD is for more than your computer than I really don't know. Sorry.

if you set Autopartition=0 and Targetpath=/Windows it will ask you what hard drive you want to install to (so you can choose C: if you want) and then it will NOT ask you what directory to install to

depends on the rest of his winnt.sif though i guess... if he has Unattendmode=Providedefault then of course it will ask him where to install it

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

FileSystem=Leavealone

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

Repartition=No

UnattendSwitch=yes

WaitForReboot=No

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

AutoActivate=No

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=255

OemSkipWelcome=1

ProfilesDir="C:\Documents\"

[userData]

ProductKey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

FullName="SpOiLeD"

OrgName=""

ComputerName=jOhn-e

[Display]

BitsPerPel=16

Xresolution=1024

YResolution=768

Vrefresh=60

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=61

AreaCode=02

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=4,1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.google.com

[Components]

msnexplr=off

freecell=off

hearts=off

minesweeper=off

pinball=off

solitaire=off

spider=off

zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]

bootlogo.cmd

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

Thats how my winnt.sif looks like ...

By any chance do u no how to make XP run in silver instead of the blue theme by default ??

Yea i dont want it asking me where i want to install it i just want it in C:\windows...

Also do u no if i can make XP run in the silver theme instead of the blue default one ??

Cheers in advance to both off u guyz sorry but this is my first attempt at making an unattended XPCD.

DUDisable tells setup not to connect to the internet to search for updated setup files and the default is DUDisable=Yes

i can't see the error in your winnt.sif at a quick glance... it looks ok to me... it shouldn't be asking you what directory to install to :) what normally happens is that if you set TargetPath=\Windows and the directory already exists, it just installs to Windows.0 or similar without telling you or asking you...

what else does it ask you?

if you set Autopartition=1 then it will choose the hard drive by itself and probably won't always install to C:

if you set Autopartition=0 then it asks you... and it's within the first minute of setup anyway :rolleyes: then you can walk away for 40 minutes knowing it's installed to the right hard drive