RunOnceEx runs before I can even see it. why?

right before runonceex, i have to log on, but while its saying 'loading your settings' etc. runonceex is already running! how can i tell runonceex to chill out until i get into windows?

the major reason being is im trying to get refreshforce.exe to run properly. and i have a .vbs file that needs to run and windows has to be at the runonceex screen at least for these commands to work, otherwise, the vbs file runs or may not, but nothing happens as a result..

any ideas?

Or if u just want to happen automatically just use GUIRunOnce(this one runs only after logon) -- i understand that runEx is nice(allthough i don't know how to use it) but u might want to combine u're options and not stick to just one (as u're needs are varied) -- allthough i've migrated all my stuff to cmdlines 10x to greenmachine and other ppl in this forum:)

P.S.1. U can even program reboots and resume RunOnce using StartUp folder and self destroying batches or other methods posted in this forum.

P.S.2. If GUIRunOnce doesn't by any chance run at the time u want then Startup folder will i think.

Edited by wolfshade

disable the new Logon Welcome screen.

That's what is blocking it. You can reenable it as your last your command in RunOnceEX.

Just add....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"GinaDll"="msgina.dll"

Somewhere in a registry file that is called from CMDLINES.TXT (just create one if you don't have one, and add the entry)

and then as your last command (or one of your last) in RunOnceEX

have a registry file that is

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"GinaDll"=-

To reenable the new logon screen.