Remove Directories?

OK. I've gotten my Unattended XP Distro pretty much how I want it. But how do I go about removing certain directories? i.e., I've removed movie maker, but it still creates a directory under Program Files. Where would I go to keep that from happening in the source files? Any Ideas? Thanx in advance!

Here is one way:

Find out exact name of the folders you want to delete and then add the exact path after %systemdrive%.Add the line in your CLEANUP.cmd or make your self another cmd file.

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\

Hope it helps.

Here is one way:

Find out exact name of the folders you want to delete and then add the exact path after %systemdrive%.Add the line in your CLEANUP.cmd or make your self another cmd file.

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\

Hope it helps.

To a point it does. But I haven't gone the route of making $OEM$ directory, and I don't want to make one now. What I'm asking for, is in the source, I just need to know where. No sense in adding stuff to remove stuff, when I could just remove it from the source. Thanx Anyways. :)

you have to disable "hide known file extensions" otherwise when you save a file as "cleanup.cmd" from notepad it will name it "cleanup.cmd.txt" i believe...

I don't think you can disable the creation of the empty directories, just use a delete command:

RD /S /Q "%programfiles%\MovieMaker"
RD /S /Q "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Print Me Internet Printing"

please note you have to have the "" around the folder name you want to delete as the %programfiles% variable has spaces in it's name

how do I make a CMD file?

Do I just copy and paste into notepad and save as clean.cmd ?

Do I then put this into the runonce gui?

Yes that is about it. You can find more information about this if you google for bat commandos.

Here is a code I used for a unattended installation:

@echo off
ECHO cleaning up
if exist %systemdrive%\install echo removes folder
if exist %systemdrive%\install rd /S /Q %systemdrive%\install
ECHO connects to share
net use x: \\ris\office mrsdata /USER:ris /PERSISTENT:NO
ECHO Installs Office
x:\PROPLUS.MSI TRANSFORMS=unattend.MST /qr
echo shutting down
shutdown -r -t 30 -c "Var god vänta. Startar om för sista gången."
echo All Done!

This script removes the C:\install folder created by $eom$ later it connects to a network share and installs office from it. Finally it reboots the computer.

You just as you wrote put it into a textfiles and saves it as a .cmd run it from GuiRunOnce or whereever you find it suitable.

be aware that some folders in program files directory are protected by sfc and will eventually come back after u delete them. :) heh annoying? I know I hate the xerox folder, I so much wonder what it does :rolleyes:

hmm I've a folder in there; just discovered its called nwwia ???

Crusher,Jun 15 2004, 08:18 PM] if you disable system file protection, will the directories still come back?

If you disable SFC, the folders do not come back.

However Im not convinced I want SFC gone. I like knowing my windows files are protected.

As for those stupid ""Program Files" folders...

I used hexedit on C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfcfiles.ddl to "blank out" the offending entries.

eg. MSN Gaming Zone, Xerox etc..

PS: What posible snag: the filenames are Unicode.

ahah i have that xerox folder too. i guess i'll use the RD command to get rid of it. I (used to) spend like 10minutes removing all the things in windows that were stupid and made my hard drive looked s***ty. Xerox is one of them.. and i dont know what it is there for either:-/

Yeah I think I just ZEROED them extrememac, I used hexworkshop.

I am going to try find a way to script it, and will post a result here.

I need a tool that scripts patches, im sure the warez guys have little utils like that.