Mosilla Firefox questions.

HyDeNCiTy

I have the latest version of Mozilla but I need to find something out.

#1 How can I have Mozilla work like IE and pick up my favorites as I type up on the address bar

#2 I can't open up my Launch.com player on it... I installes Flash, and Java and it doesn't seem to do the trick... I have no Idea how to get it to work.

Please help!!!

Thanx

It's frustrating, I know. I love Internet Explorer, and yet I hate it. IE has so many bugs and security flaws, it's frustrating, but at least MS tries to fix them.

Mozilla is nice, but it lacks some of the functionality of IE. Heck, I've tried almost EVERY browser there is, but I always come back to IE. I guess it's because most people make their programs/plugins/websites based on IE.

Launch.com is a perfect example. I try to use the radio and I get this message -

Error
Sorry, we do not support Netscape on the Windows platform.
Error Code: 25 - 0

Basically, they're saying - 'Use IE!'.

:)

i don't think like u. i have used ie, opera, netscape, mozilla, VNC and now firefox. and the last one it's the best. only a few pages (3/100 or so) don't like firefox. ie takes a lot of resources, u can't use multitab and it's a very unstable/unsecure browser compared to firefox. for all of the features that firefox have i give thanks for gecko :) and i pray for that ie would be removed from future windows releases.

@HyDeNCiTy

Are you trying to get firefox to use autocomplete/inline autoecomplete?

If so, the newest version 0.9 has inline now. You can download an extension for the older versions too to get it to work.

Yes, firefox does look very promising. But IE is a resource hog because it offers a lot more functionality than firefox. Remember, it's PART of Windows and can be used as such. Other browsers are just browsers. Besides, programs like MyIE make Internet Explorer much more powerful than any other browser.

In short, firefox/mozilla/opera/etc.. will never have the community support that IE has, simply because 90% of the people surfing the web use IE.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like IE either. But compatibility is more important than stability.

Multi-Tab, pop-up blocker, works with most toolbars for IE (Google) Easy to use Multi screen web-broswing (Only real useful if you run high res), open new window straight from clipboard, mouse-click navigation, plus more, and is basically IE (Meaning all the good and the bad things), Just use Avant Browser. Avant was on the market before firefox and Multitabbed browsing was one of it's selling points. I think it's funny that everyone assumes that it's a firefox only thing.

:)

Avantbrowser uses IE, it's simply another addon like MyIE.

But like I said, I'd rather not use Microsofts buggy, bloated, insecure browser. It's just that there are programs I use every day that simply do not support any other browser. It's not in the best interest of most programmers to provide support for a browser that only 5% of the population uses.

If you only need to browse the web, by all means, use firefox. But for me, it's simply not an option.

Anything that can not function without using core components of an original system, is an add-on. Avant is simply a customized UI for Internet Explorer. In fact, there are several programs that can simulate every function that Avant provides, and they don't alter IE in any way.

Anything that can not function without using core components of an original system, is an add-on. Avant is simply a customized UI for Internet Explorer. In fact, there are several programs that can simulate every function that Avant provides, and they don't alter IE in any way.

So you're saying windows is an add-on for IE; OfficeXP and 2003 are add-on's for IE. This isn't the thread for this kinda of debate. I don't agree with your opinion and leave it at that.

No, that's not what I'm saying. IE, Windows, Office, can all function on their own, without eachother. Avant can't do squat by itself, because it's just an interface for IE.

But it's apparent that it doesn't matter what I say, so I might as well stop posting.

@HyDeNCiTy

It is a hidden preference for some reason. Anyway, just type in "about:config" without the quotes into your firefox address bar and scroll down to browser.urlbar.autoFill and change it to "true". That should enable it.

No, that's not what I'm saying. IE, Windows, Office, can all function on their own, without eachother. Avant can't do squat by itself, because it's just an interface for IE.

But it's apparent that it doesn't matter what I say, so I might as well stop posting.

I'm not saying don't post about it, I simply don't want to get into it in this thread and hijack it from the the original poster. We can start up a new thread to discuss this, was what I meant.