ISO TOO BIG

I have made an unattended CD with XP and Office XP in it...

Problem is i only use MS word and MS excel.. I downloaded the Resource kit and customised my install of Office XP

But this makes the XPCD like 1 Gig and i cant burn it to a CD..

Does anyone now how i can make it all fit into one CD ??

Btw anyone no where i can get the Winamp 2.91 MSI from and wat switches and commands do i need to put in my batch to do a silent install without no support for video files ?? thanks

hehe, everyoen wants THAT MSI and not the 5.0. I'll go dig through my CDs when I get home....I'm sure it's on one of them hopefully (I made it).

As for making it smaller, use OfficeShrink for Office and nLite for Windows. You'll probally only need OfficeShrink. It's in the sticky thread.....

Thanks alot Alan

I want winamp 2.XX

Coz winamp 5 crashes on my comp when i try to run .WMA files i dont no why.. but thanks

BTW How do i add the taskend switch to kill icq when it installs ??

Just wanna make sure is it /taskend ??

i dunno if ICQ has a switch specifically like that...

most people use either pskill.exe or taskkill.exe

pskill is from systernals, and taskkill comes with XP Pro.

pskill.exe icq.exe

taskkill /f icq.exe

both do the same thing, kills icq.exe

i just use office shrink

it shrinked everything to 7 megs ??

and made a new folder on my HDD after i did everything the tutorial said !

Is that right just 7 megs ?? for word and excel ?? thats some major shrinkage ?? hehehe

Also do i just overwirte the old folders with the new folder that Office shrink made for me ??

Thanks alot for your help

i don't think 7 mb is right....

did you use the right Office Shrink (there are two)? and do you have a supported language?

EDIT:: Nevermind, looks like he combined the ALONG time ago.....tells you I never used it :)

i just use office shrink

it shrinked everything to 7 megs ??

and made a new folder on my HDD after i did everything the tutorial said !

Is that right just 7 megs ?? for word and excel ?? thats some major shrinkage ?? hehehe

Also do i just overwirte the old folders with the new folder that Office shrink made for me ??

Thanks alot for your help

you're using a not english, espanish or danish native version. if you look throught the post of office shrink you'll see it only works for that versions because it's still in deployment of a multilingual version. 7mb it's only the setup files, you have note an error running the shrink tool.

Just wanted to install word and excel since i only use them never knew it could be this hard :)

Could u tell me wat folders and file i dont need in office xp ??

Maybe i could delete them manually since this could be the only way around it for me ?

office 2003 :::

Make it fit onto a Windows CD with ease... Word, Excel and Publisher in 295mb (it fits on my cd with ease... but I am using nLite as well)

1) use the "Custom Installation Wizard" to create your Unattend.MST file (choose options for what programs you want etc etc)

2) copy your entire Office CD Source to "C:\Office"

3) place your Unattend.MST file in the same directory

4) Use "OfficeShrink" and point it to C:\Office\Setup.exe and C:\Office\Unattend.MST.... tell it to install to C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Office

5) Once it has finished you get the message "Office setup completed successfully"

6) Make your install command = %systemdrive%\install\applications\office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

or, make Office install off the CD (saves copying 300mb of office setup files to the hard drive during text mode setup)

Same as above, except these steps different:

4) tell it to install to C:\XPCD\Office (instead of in the $OEM$ directory)

6) make your install command = %systemdrive%\install\office.cmd

7) make "office.cmd" and place it in $OEM$\$1\Install

office.cmd:

@echo off
echo.
echo Installing Office 2003 Professional
echo.
echo Please wait . . .
echo.
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L:) do if exist %%i\CD.txt set CDROM=%%i
start /wait %cdrom%\office\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-
exit

Note: this batch file won't work unless you put a file in your cd root named CD.txt