NForce2 Chipset Driver 4.24

Nemesh

Hello to all,

Searched the forum and found some topics about this.

However it's still not clear to me how to Silent install the Forceware 4.24 chipset Driver :)

Using the Setup.cmd method, can anybody plz tell me how to edit this in the file plz ?

Have the driver on HD not CD !

Rather new to this all and found already many usefull help for other drivers.

Thx in advance,

Nemesh

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just put them in a folder like nforce (with all the subfolders) or do I need to pull out each subfolder and reference it in winnt.sif (like drivers/nf-audio drivers/nf-ide ?)

How can i install the AudioUtil? In this version there is no *.inf in this dir, but only a setup.exe. For the other drivers there seems to be no problem except for the ethernetdrivers. Which dir must i point to: Ethernet\WinXP or Ethernet\NRM\WinXP?

How can i install the AudioUtil? In this version there is no *.inf in this dir, but only a setup.exe. For the other drivers there seems to be no problem except for the ethernetdrivers. Which dir must i point to: Ethernet\WinXP or Ethernet\NRM\WinXP?

Hi,

I found this:

on Win98

start /w RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nvautlml.inf,DefaultInstall

and on Win2k/XP/2K3:

start /w RUNDLL32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nvautlml.inf,DefaultInstall.ntx86

the nvautlml.inf is in the AudioUtil Folder

Enjoy!

Younes

• 1 month later...
the nvautlml.inf is in the AudioUtil Folder

Enjoy!

Younes

Sorry but that is not correct. It is correct for the 'Forceware 2.45chipset Driver' but it is not so for the 'Forceware 4.24 chipset Driver'. In the case of the 'Forceware 4.24 chipset Driver' there is no 'nvautml.inf' and/or any other '*.inf' file in the 'AudioUtl' directory, there is only a setup.exe file.

Therefore the question still remains how does one install the AudioUtil?

All I did to get them installed was put the entire ethernet section into a folder called LAN and let Windows sort it out, they installed just fine on Win XP SP-1 by themselves. The NRM folder wasn't used in my installation, as I have a Chaintech 7NJS Zenith and it doesn't use the Nvidia Resource Manager (NRM), so I no longer include it as part of my installation.

My folder structure is:

$OEM$\Drivers\

AGP

LAN

SM_BUS

MemCtrl

IDE

etc.

and in the LAN folder, I put everything that was in the NVidia "Ethernet" folder, not the folder itself, just the installation files, with the exception of the NRM folder and it's contents.

I recommend to doing a basic installation of the operating system first (Windows XP SP-2 no customization), then after it boots installing the individual files from an extraction of the 4.24 drivers, then try to install that NRM file after you have everything else installed and see if it installs, if so, then go to http://unattended.msfn.org and look for the link to installing files using the installshield wizard in the applications drop down after first uninstalling them and redo it using the switch, (I believe -r,) to make an .iss file to include in there then read on how to install them using it. Once you have done that, it should install that as well during the installation.

*EDIT* I should also mention that I include the WinXP folder (driver folder not NRM folder) and it's contents in the LAN folder as well. Also, from what I can find out from NVidia themselves, the NRM is for NForce3 platforms, so unless your installing on an NForce3 motherboard, it's not likely this portion will work. Why it's included with a 32-bit installation is beyond me since NForce3 is 64-bit.

Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products.  This package does not include support for dual-processor systems.

HTH.