Winamp

mazin

i have installed using your method my own Winamp 503 pro edition.

-> i have installed it, then back up the winamp directory in C:\

-> i did exactly what your said in your method => i obtain winamp.msi & winamp1.cab

-> i bring them & put them to C:\Hotfixes\Winamp\ (my test directory, cause i use %systemdrive%\Hotfixe\Winamp\ in my unattended XP)

-> i made an enregistrement.reg file (in english ~ 'recording' : to put in the registry my name & my key for Winamp)

-> i made a batch file to test if the install work silently :

here is the code :

CLS
@echo off
echo Install of Winamp 5.03 Pro
echo Plz wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Winamp.msi VA=0 G=0 /qn
PAUSE
echo ...product key...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\enregistrement.reg
PAUSE
echo ...skins...
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\Act3scene2_-_prototype.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\Act3scene2_-_prototype.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\Classix_10k_Modern.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\Classix_10k_Modern.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\RemoteSensing.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\RemoteSensing.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\The_Punisher.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\The_Punisher.wal
PAUSE
echo OK.

After that, i launch Winamp to see how it looks...

Ok it's good :rolleyes:

There are some 'things' that are not as before, for example i want to set a personal skin instead of the modern default.

+, i will install the MPC plugin & the MAD plugin (for great sound on Audigy 2 ZS sound cards :) because it can make MP3s in 24bit audio).

+, the icons are not as i want, so in the options after installation, i go to change them (but i don't really know if these icons in taskbar, systray, files & playlists can be pre-choosen...)

But, instead of these 'things i have to change after', the silent install works perfectly.

One last detail, the Uninstall icon isn't shown in the Winamp directory. To uninstall winamp i have to go in the Add/Suppress menu to uninstall it.

Very good job. :D

Thanks, r0sWell.

Then you configured Winamp as you usually do after installation. And you preferred using a reg file for registering Winamp instead of the switches K and N.

To uninstall Winamp, you use "Add or Remove Programs" in your Control Panel.

Thank you for feedback.

r0sWell

I have a good suggestion for you and for others who like to install something additional like skins or visualizations.

It works for apps that have no setup routine like the skins you added to your installation.

And you'll have the ability to uninstall what you installed via "Add or Remove Programs" as usual.

Would you like something like this?

r0sWell

I have a good suggestion for you and for others who like to install something additional like skins or visualizations.

It works for apps that have no setup routine like the skins you added to your installation.

And you'll have the ability to uninstall what you installed via "Add or Remove Programs" as usual.

Would you like something like this?

what type of file can use it ?

& it can be useful :)

so,

here is my pre-final batch for Winamp :

echo Installation of WinAMP 5.03 Pro
echo Wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Winamp.msi VA=0 G=0 /qn
echo -Done.
echo ...product key...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\enregistrement.reg
echo -Done.
echo ...copying skins...
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\Act3scene2_-_prototype.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\Act3scene2_-_prototype.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\Classix_10k_Modern.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\Classix_10k_Modern.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\RemoteSensing.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\RemoteSensing.wal
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Skins\The_Punisher.wal %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Skins\The_Punisher.wal
echo -Done.
echo ...installation of MPC and MAD plugins...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\in_mpc_0.99d.exe /S
start /wait %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\in_MAD_0.14.2b.exe /S
echo -Done
echo ...parameters...
copy /Y %systemdrive%\Hotfixes\Winamp\Winamp.ini %systemdrive%\"Program Files"\winamp\Winamp.ini
echo OK.

i don't already had the time to do an install with VMware but i tested it (without plugins installation) and it works well.

Additional skins and visualizations, or any other add-ons and plugins, for Winamp can be packed inside a separate MSI.

This can be done on condition that those add-ons are not EXE files. These skins, for example, can be packed the way I mean:

- Act3scene2_-_prototype.wal

- Classix_10k_Modern.wal

- RemoteSensing.wal

- The_Punisher.wal

If you are interested in packing all your add-ons of that type (not exe) in one MSI file, then consider using the simple utility "msicreate" downloadable from here:

http://www.cornerhouse.ca/download/msicreate.msi

msicreate is free for non-commercial use and 464 KB in size. It needs no experience in MSI editing, at all.

Put the files you need to pack in their intended locations like C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\MySkins, for example.

Then, run msicreate and add the files. After you finish adding all your files, click "Build" on the toolbar, and that's it.

The resulting file is "somename.msi" that can be run in silent mode with the switch /qn, installing your files to where you added them from.

You can uninstall those files again from your Control Panel as usual, in case you have a newer version of them that you want to replace.

:)

All I did was add this to my RunOnceEx:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Winamp 5" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Winamp\winamp501_full.exe /S /install=RFQ" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "taskkill.exe /F /IM winamp.exe" /f

Then add this to my clean-up:

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Winamp\AOD

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Internet Service $9.95.lnk

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Internet Service $9.95.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Internet Service $9.95.lnk

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites\Links\Internet Service $9.95.lnk

Good work. Winamp can be installed silently in different ways. Sure, you're right.

Still, my MSI provides the possibility of deciding what to install and what to exclude.

You're absolutely free in how to install Winamp. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

hello,

this guide is very interesting!
But I have a question?
Can I create with the help of this guide a Winamp 5.21 Installation?
The guide is very old and so i don`t know it.
Thank you for your help!!!
danswu

---I know, my english is very bad!! :rolleyes: