Original partition gone when installing

almera8

I have a computer with a Abit KT7A-Raid (Highpoint 370) motherboard.

When installing Windows XP pro my original partitions are gone when Windows asks where to install Windows. It thinks my harddisk is unpartitioned, while I do have it partitioned(and formatted NTFS) and saved all my data to the second partition of my drive. Already included the raid drivers to the unnattended cd(don't have to press F6 to reconize harddisk) and still having the same problem as with the original cd. :)

Hope someone can help!

Richard

i don't know if this will help, it did that to me as well but i have two hard drives installed it kept going to my f: drive when i wanted to install on my c:drive well this is what i did. (and i think did it by accident i don't remember for sure) i pressed esc and then i saw the list of my drives the i selected the c drive i don't know why it does this though, it wasn't always doing that to me.good luck

It sounds like one of the options in winnt.sif isn't set correctly to allow you to select which partition to install to, so windows gets installed to the first drive with enough room - think it's Autopartition=1 instead of 0 - i.e. yours probably has 1 which means Windows will install where it wants, whereas if it's set to 0, then it won't do it automatically but have the drive options of where to install to.