Disable OpenGL / Use only Direct3D

Honoured Memebers!

1. Maybe this is off-topic, so indulge my unacquaintance.

2. I've a P2.4 GHz 512Mb RAM / Mobility Radeon 9000 laptop running Win2000SP4, newest ATI driver, DirectX9.0b. Installed Homework 2 and everything is ok (menu, options, profiles, credits etc) until I start a mission. Then crash and the errorlog says:

Access Violation at module atioglxx.dll.

3. I suppose something got wrong with OpenGL subsystem (otherwise other games are running ok, whereas I don't know they are using OpenGL or Direct3D). How can I disable OpenGL to force the game to use Direct3d instead? Unfortunately there's no option to change the used driver as are in the old games.

Thanks

I'm not sure you can. Windows uses OpenGL.

You may have to Load XP on to your Lappy, W2k isn't really designed for games, but XP is.

You say you have the latest ATI Driver, but is it the Open GL version?

Try the Open GL Website they have lots of questions and answers.

Hope this is of some help.... :)

When did the problem start? Do you remember, or has it always been an issue?

If it's a recent development, then it may be the drivers you're using. Try using the version that came with your computer. Believe it or not, using older driver versions has worked for me before.

Hi!

I posted my question not to the proper forum, but MSFN seemed the best for me since I visit frequently here. MSFN rulez!

Here is the point: I have to use command line switch -noVBO , this disables support for Vertex Buffer Objects . Since I'm not a genius to graphics I don't know what are "Vertex Buffer Objects"...

The long and the short of it is that it's working.

Thank you for your attention and happy MSFNing!

Best regards: Tamas