Need serious help with user/pass

thread

Ok...is there a way to change the default user through importing another computers registry into another machine...basically this is my problem.

The machine is asking me to Login as Joe Somebody...I have tried every password that I can think of, but none work. I want to change it from Joe Somebody back to the Administrator account, but I dont have an option to switch from Joe to Admin. The Admin account was being used, but through the use of one of the tools (wihu) Windows now nixed the Admin account and all that I am left with is Joe Somebody. So is there some way through editing the registry or through a tool that I can tell it the default user is Administrator and to use the Administrator password?

are you sure the Administrator account is actually deleted?

Are you getting the welcome screen for hte login? or Classic Logon?

if Welcome, press <CRTL><ALT><DEL> one or twice and the classic box should come up, and type Administrator.

there is a Linux tool somewhere to blank an XP password, you could give that a try. There is no registry setting for password. It's encoded in the SAM file, and you don't want to mess with that if you don't know what you're doing.

the admin account is not deleted...according to my documents and settings folder. Im gonna try the CAD and see if I can get to classic...I may be left with reinstalling the OS :)

got it all taken care of CAD CAD gets you to classic logon which then I was able to login as admin, kill joe somebody account and everything is back to normal, thank you all for your help...

ok is it just me as no one else has said anything.

importing the registry from another computer is stongly discouraged

of course u can import the custimisation parts. If u import hardware parts ur computer may not be bootable

i understand you may already know this but for future users

Mental Industries