Post your WinPE desktop shots

likuidkewl

I guess you'd have to add Flash support first and then change the line in the registry (setupreg.hiv ?) that specifies the shell executable (cmd.exe by default). Changing the line in the registry is easy, but I'm not sure how you would go about adding Flash support in WinPE.

Cheers

I guess you'd have to add Flash support first and then change the line in the registry (setupreg.hiv ?) that specifies the shell executable (cmd.exe by default).  Changing the line in the registry is easy, but I'm not sure how you would go about adding Flash support in WinPE.

Cheers

Yes it is setupreg.hiv, if you are working on WinPE 2004 just add a file called winpeshl.ini to your system32 folder with the [AppLaunch] your.exe and it will skip the defaults and load your program. The flash is a little more difficult though.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I switched to WinPE 2004 (AKA 1.5)

Likuidkewl, on what Microsoft CD is that on? We have an Enterprise Select Agreement and the only version I can find in our library is 1.2. Since we are not an OEM, I don't have access to the OPK. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

http://junk.futurepc.org/aid/AID.jpg

This is a disk that I am designing for deploying images... This is the version from a couple of nights ago... I am currently making it and testing it so many changes have happened :) hehe virtual machines are the shiz :) i love em.

But this is a program to speed up the deployment of the probably 6-8 thousand computers targeted for an XP upgrade. we have like 20k computers half are mac, and half are already XP.

We are not purchasing floppy drives anymore and we are using bootable CD's as an alternative... Students always break floppy drives and stuff, so we will use the cdrom drives to deploy the images to the computer... WindowsPE provides us a great platform to image and maintain computers.

with this new disk that i am making, it will allow us to start imaging a computer in less than 6 keystrokes. We are using ghost as the image deployment system, and this disk is pretty much just for deployment of windows XP at the current moment. After we get everything moving, and the disk works well, we will put most of our tools that we use on the disk...

Right now the features of my disk are these:

- Quick image deployment and creation of images.

- Stinger virus scan

- Remote Desktop

- RealVNC connections to our servers

- Command prompt(duh!)

But yea... this disk is going to be named AID for Automated Image Deployment

I was going to name it Automated Image Deployment System, but it's acrronym is AIDS and that is not cool for a network... lol... they would be like omg! it is a virus!!! ARGH!

btw, most things have changed on that disk.

• 2 weeks later...