Post your WinPE desktop shots

likuidkewl

Here is my new project for WinPE using BlackBox, some Foood icons and Microsoft's WinPE.

This shot is the same as the attached image:

http://www.zer0-tec.net/likuidkewl/screen1.jpg

My List of ERD tools I use most often

http://www.zer0-tec.net/likuidkewl/screen2.jpg

And finally computer management with the transparency on the menus

http://www.zer0-tec.net/likuidkewl/screen3.jpg

Just FYI this was simple and only took about 5-6 hours to get the base image done and ready to roll. I am still refining my Rescue/Install Disc....

post-81-1088309083_thumb.jpg

I am answering to the question below, make use of a screwup.

how long does it take to finish loading the disk?

Well since I don't load anything at startup, I use the menu when i need the network and scripting etc. It only takes about 30-45 seconds. I find that launching the Batch files after PE starts is great time saver, I mean do you really need HTA/VBS/ADO just for a quick "Crap I locked myself out my local account call?" No and in that case you don't need a network either! :)

Edited by likuidkewl

And finally computer management with the transparency on the menus

How did you get Computer Management working??

**Removed as it doesn't work***

In the pic I was aiming at the I386 folder. But trying to aim it at the Windows Dir doesn't wok, when I get a minute I am going to look into why.

Edited by likuidkewl

Ok I got it to work, I took Sysinternals Process Explorer and ran the ERD compmgmt.exe in windows and realized it relies on Diskpart. So I moved the compmgmt.exe and the associated diskmanagerAPI.DLL to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder along with thetruths ERDlogon.exe and the batch file. Low and behold it works. HTH

EDIT added a screenshot of my eventlog.

EDIT #2 I just realized my date is off by 4 hours, in the event log of winpe wierd...

post-81-1088393905_thumb.jpg

Edited by likuidkewl

• 1 month later...

Hi superbikkel,

ive done a little experimenting with winPE and i wish to remain using it for the same reasons as you.

what im trying to do is replace the cmd on startup with an exe, actually its a flash based exe. i want to make an app in flash and use it to call the various tools that i use.

Hi superbikkel,

ive done a little experimenting with winPE and i wish to remain using it for the same reasons as you.

what im trying to do is replace the cmd on startup with an exe, actually its a flash based exe. i want to make an app in flash and use it to call the various tools that i use.

Are you asking how to do it? Or just stating some information.